Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 306 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
11 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
thatnerdgreg
PJ Edwards
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Streep will be able to break through for Little Women cause literally everything I see about the film says that Florence Pugh is by far the best performance of the supporting cast.

I think they’re both making it in. Films get double nominations in Supporting Actress quite often: it’s happened 5 times in the last 10 years. And if any film this year could do it, it’s Little Women.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I think they’re both making it in. Films get double nominations in Supporting Actress quite often: it’s happened 5 times in the last 10 years. And if any film this year could do it, it’s Little Women.

It’s possible. The way I see it, either Pugh gets in, or Pugh and Streep get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

It could also be Bombshell that does it, not necessarily Little Women. Streep is reportedly a co-star in the movie, and Pugh might not be flashy enough to attract awards appeal. Regardless it could definitely happen cuz the field is wide open, only Dern is a lock and JLo is not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw The Farewell this week and loved it.

Realistically, I could see it getting up to:

Picture

Director

Orig Screenplay (definitely feels like a winner here)

Actress

Score

Do people think it could get any more? I’d love it but it seems doubtful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lexa
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bombshell is gonna bomb.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

It could also be Bombshell that does it, not necessarily Little Women. Streep is reportedly a co-star in the movie, and Pugh might not be flashy enough to attract awards appeal. Regardless it could definitely happen cuz the field is wide open, only Dern is a lock and JLo is not happening.

The problem with Bombshell is it doesn’t really seems like a major contender at the moment. Right now, I only have it in Makeup, Actress, and Supporting Actress (for Robbie).

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Just imagining what a bloodbath SAG ensemble will be this year.

– ouatih
    – the irishman
    – parasite
    – marriage story
    – jojo rabbit

– little women???
    – the farewell???
    – waves???
    – knives out???

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see Jojo or Parasite happening at SAG, but I think Knives Out has a decent chance if it’s a hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bombshell is gonna bomb.

Awards season can be so excruciating because people do things like this and post one sentence without backing up their thought process or providing insight, but usually just do this to titilate or stir the pot. If you’re gonna make a claim, back it up with something or otherwise your post is basically worthless.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG Ensemble Prediction:
    Cats
    Hustlers
    The Irishman
    Little Women
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Alt: Waves

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Josh5890
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw The Farewell this week and loved it. Realistically, I could see it getting up to: Picture Director Orig Screenplay (definitely feels like a winner here) Actress Score Do people think it could get any more? I’d love it but it seems doubtful.

I’m not ruling anything out for The Farewell at this time. That film was a crowd pleaser. I saw it twice and both times I left the theater there was a good buzz. Hopefully it grabs more than just a screenplay nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

Awards season can be so excruciating because people do things like this and post one sentence without backing up their thought process or providing insight, but usually just do this to titilate or stir the pot. If you’re gonna make a claim, back it up with something or otherwise your post is basically worthless.

I think I love you.

ReplyCopy URL
    LegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Knives Out could definitely pop up in SAG ensemble, but not end up being a BP nominee, like Crazy Rich Asians did last year. Right now, I see it as a potential Original Screenplay nominee, but not much beyond that. Maybe some below the line categories like Production Design.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Knives Out could definitely pop up in SAG ensemble, but not end up being a BP nominee, like Crazy Rich Asians did last year. Right now, I see it as a potential Original Screenplay nominee, but not much beyond that. Maybe some below the line categories like Production Design.

Just a thought: SAG doesn’t just like big ensembles- they recently have been embracing very diverse ensembles. It makes sense to me the actors branch is trying to be more inclusive especially after the controversy a few years ago. It’s also quite possible they are just the most progressive major guild.

A summary of the last few years:
    Black Panther
    Blackkklansman
    Crazy Rich Asians
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    A Star is Born

Three Billboards
    The Big Sick
    Get Out
    Mudbound
    Lady Bird

Hidden Figures
    Fences
    Moonlight
    Captain Fantastic
    Manchester by the Sea

Spotlight
    Beasts of No Nation
    Straight Outta Compton
    Trumbo
    The Big Short

11/20 feature racially diverse casts
    In the last three years, 3 of 5 nominees were films with racially diverse casts.

If the trend continues, I think this bodes well for Waves, Just Mercy, Parasite, and The Farewell. I’m not saying Knives Out won’t produce a nomination, and this sample is obviously limited, but I would wager 2 out of our 5 ensemble nominees this year are going to come from those four films.

People earlier were saying they want folks to include more of their reasoning, so that is why I think our SAG ensemble noms will be:

Waves
    The Farewell
    Just Mercy
    OUATIH
    Little Women

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG Ensemble Nominees:

Avengers: Endgame

Little Women

Marriage Story

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Waves

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Robert Downey, Jr., Alan Silvestri, Willem Dafoe, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan David Harbour

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 306 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.