Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 488 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
thatnerdgreg
PJ Edwards
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

The Irishman will be 2019’s Best Movie.

Greatest filmmaker alive making his strongest genre with his strongest actors.It is as simple as it gets.The topic and story is interesting and trailer looked fabulous.

I don’t really shit about awards and Oscars when it comes to The Irishman.Scorsese and this cast is above Oscars.It in itself is a treat to watch.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

The Irishman will be 2019’s Best Movie.

Greatest filmmaker alive making his strongest genre with his strongest actors.It is as simple as it gets.The topic and story is interesting and trailer looked fabulous.

I don’t really shit about awards and Oscars when it comes to The Irishman.Scorsese and this cast is above Oscars.It in itself is a treat to watch.

As much as I respect Scorsese, please calm down and wait for the film

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

As much as I respect Scorsese, please calm down and wait for the film

This is Martin Scorsese with De Niro,Pacino,Pesci and Keitel

It is simple affair to be honest.

Marty is greatest filmmaker alive,his strongest movies have been about gangster genre.His all time best movie,Goodfellas is about this genre.

Maybe it won’t win Best Picture and will be considered best movie of this year instantly but after 4-5 years,The Irishman will be remembered as 2019’s Best Movie for sure.

Marty’s movies age like wine and stand test of time and so will The Irishman.

Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

This is Martin Scorsese with De Niro,Pacino,Pesci and Keitel

It is simple affair to be honest.

Marty is greatest filmmaker alive,his strongest movies have been about gangster genre.His all time best movie,Goodfellas is about this genre.

Maybe it won’t win Best Picture and will be considered best movie of this year instantly but after 4-5 years,The Irishman will be remembered as 2019’s Best Movie for sure.

Marty’s movies age like wine and stand test of time and so will The Irishman.

I think this is the first time I totally agreed with you. The underestimation of The Irishman feels odd considering the hype for other contenders.

Lupita for a nomination. Renee for a win. That's it.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe it won’t win Best Picture and will be considered best movie of this year instantly but after 4-5 years,The Irishman will be remembered as 2019’s Best Movie for sure. Marty’s movies age like wine and stand test of time and so will The Irishman.

To be fair, this wouldn’t be the first time a Scorcese film lost Picture: it’s happened to, well, just about all his nominees except The Departed. The fact that it’s Netflix and a late contender (and 3 and a half hours long!) makes me think it won’t pick up any wins, but probably rack up lots of nominations.

Also, it would be kind of funny if a Scorcese imitation film (Joker) and an actual Scorcese film both got nominated for Picture in the same year, which I think could easily happen.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this is the first time I totally agreed with you. The underestimation of The Irishman feels odd considering the hype for other contenders.

Scorsese is above Oscars and with this cast and this genre,it’s going to be pitch perfect.

Who cares about Oscars and awards when you are getting this treat of artistry to see.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the worst case scenario for The Irishman is that it’s like Gangs of New York and is good but not peak Scorcese quality, and it will “only” get a massive number of nominations at the Oscars.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Actor: Robert Pattison - The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Do my forum games!

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/games-lets-play-games/72nd-oscars-runner-up-5-elimination-

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I think worst case is Silence where it was hyped to oblivion and only ended up with one nod

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

yeah since this year seems extremely weak I’m ready to add the Irishman to my best picture predictions. Especially since it’s not getting a wide release.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I think worst case is Silence where it was hyped to oblivion and only ended up with one nod

I don’t think that’s at all possible, The Irishman is way closer to voter’s Scorcese comfort zones thematically and in casting, and in a less competitive year.

This could be the worst movie Scorcese made and still be nominated for Best Picture.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Cordelia.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Cordelia.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Actor: Robert Pattison - The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Do my forum games!

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/games-lets-play-games/72nd-oscars-runner-up-5-elimination-

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG guys!!!

Octavia finally released an official statement about Neon screwing up Luce’s campaign and the chance she had at becoming the most nominated black actress in Oscar history, Here it is:

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG guys!!! Octavia finally released an official statement about Neon screwing up Luce’s campaign and the chance she had at becoming the most nominated black actress in Oscar history, Here it is:

Don’t worry, Octavia will probably claim that title before too long. Everybody loves her.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG guys!!! Octavia finally released an official statement about Neon screwing up Luce’s campaign and the chance she had at becoming the most nominated black actress in Oscar history, Here it is:

Omg I created a GIF specifically for this post and it doesn’t work I am devastated.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg I created a GIF specifically for this post and it doesn’t work I am devastated.

Pretty sure it’s working for me.

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Just gonna post a few of mine now so I can have a good cackle in a few months:

Best Picture

Jojo Rabbit, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Parasite, Marriage Story, The Irishman, Little Women, 1917, Hustlers, The Good Liar, The Farewell

Best Director

Bong-Joon Ho Parasite, Pedro Almodóvar Dolor y gloria , Martin Scorsese The Irishman, Greta Gerwig  Little Women, Fernando Meirelles The Two Popes

Best Actor

Joaquin Phoenix Joker Adam Driver Marriage Story, Jonathan Pryce The Two Popes, Antonio Banderas Dolor y gloria, Ian McKellen The Good Liar

(alt. Liam Neeson Ordinary Love, Leonardo Dicaprio Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Eddie Redmayne The Aeronauts)

Best Actress

Scarlett Johansson Marriage Story, Renée Zellweger Judy, Helen Mirren The Good Liar, Saoirse Ronan Little WomenFelicity Jones The Aeronauts

(alt. Lesley Manville Ordinary Love, Awkwafina, The Farewell, Emily Beecham Little Joe)

Best Supporting Actor

Brad Pitt Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Tom Hanks A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Anthony Hopkins The Two Popes, Willem Dafoe The Lighthouse, Asier Etxeandia Dolor y gloria

Best Supporting Actress

Laura Dern Marriage Story, Florence Pugh Little Women, Jennifer Lopez Hustlers, Maggie Smith Downton Abbey, Scarlett Johansson Jojo Rabbit

(alt. Emma Watson Little Women)

Best Original Screenplay

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Marriage Story, Parasite, Ford v Ferrari, The Two Popes

Best Adapted Screenplay

Jojo Rabbit, The Irishman, Little Women, Joker, The Good Liar

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.