Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 488 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
thatnerdgreg
PJ Edwards
  • Josh5890
    Participant
    Topics:

You know the cast of Hustlers are coming on stage to present an award this year. It is a done deal.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Hustlers for sure will be nominated at the globes. Im not sure about about the oscars, I could see lopez be the only nomination for it.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

You know the cast of Hustlers are coming on stage to present an award this year. It is a done deal.

At which ceremony? Is it confirmed they’re presenting at an awards ceremony or are you just saying you think that’s happening? And since when did coming onstage to present an award mean that something’s a done deal. And by done deal, what do you even mean? Are you saying Lopez being nominated is a done deal? Are you saying her winning is a done deal? Are you talking about the film’s awards chances in general being a done deal? This is an extremely ambiguous comment.

Anyway, while on the topic of Hustlers, it may be able to break through into supporting actress and adapted screenplay, but it has no chance of winning either.

Josh5890
    Participant
    Topics:

At which ceremony? Is it confirmed they’re presenting at an awards ceremony or are you just saying you think that’s happening? And since when did coming onstage to present an award mean that something’s a done deal. And by done deal, what do you even mean? Are you saying Lopez being nominated is a done deal? Are you saying her winning is a done deal? Are you talking about the film’s awards chances in general being a done deal? This is an extremely ambiguous comment. Anyway, while on the topic of Hustlers, it may be able to break through into supporting actress and adapted screenplay, but it has no chance of winning either.

I was referring to the Oscars since this is an Oscars thread. The comment was slightly joking but given how the film has been publicly received, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them on stage carrying an envelope. The cast of Bridesmaids did it a few years back.

You read way too much into my post buddy.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lopez is winning and…

Since no Latina has ever won an acting Oscar she has a better than okay chance of getting it.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lopez is winning…

An MTV Movie award, maybe.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer ain’t fucking playing!!!! Latinos!!!!!! Im confident some people will be on suicide watch come February!

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Rita Moreno

in the fucking 60s! It’s about time. The academy needs to be more inclusive to other people of color not just African Americans. There is talent out there, Mexican directors have proven themselves, and now the talent in front of the camera will to!

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer ain’t fucking playing!!!! Latinos!!!!!! Im confident some people will be on suicide watch come February!

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Rita Moreno

My bad.

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch out for Brad Pitt. He came swinging this year.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lopez’s nomination is going to be her win. I don’t see the actors branch choosing Lopez over Dern. Dern has had extremely successful projects lately, is well-liked in the academy/industry, is on the board of governors of the Academy, and delivers a very baity scene in a BP frontrunner. I could MAYBE see Lopez snagging the Globe and Critic’s Choice (even though the HFPA love Dern), but I don’t see SAG and BAFTA, the two awards bodies that actually have AMPAS crossover, awarding Lopez over Dern.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  DrewN92.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  DrewN92.
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Take your pills. Lopez is receiving Golden Globe, Critics Choice and SAG noms and that’s where it all ends.

Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t count out JLo. The interesting thing about Dern is that she hasn’t really been singled out in reviews/press the way JLo and Brad Pitt have in Hustlers and OUATIH. At least not yet. That can make a big difference in supporting races.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Like, the NERVE. I can’t wait for her to stomp

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Seven.
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.