Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 481 through 488 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
thatnerdgreg
PJ Edwards
  • justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw “Ad Astra” – had a great first 2 acts and lost me in the 3rd. Brad Pitt was good, but will not be a factor for his performance. In a weaker year, Tommy Lee Jones could be in BSA a la Robert Duvall for “The Judge”. Hoping it’ll get nominations below the line like sound editing, mixing, production design, cinematography, and editing.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Also if I were to tell someone five years ago both Jennifer Lopez and Adam Sandler would deliver critically aclaimed performances in critically acclaimed movies and gain award tractions in the same year,

Adam Sandler can deliver acclaimed performances when he’s in a good drama with a good director. Honestly, after Punch Drunk Love I’m surprised anyone’s surprised that he can be a genuinely good actor when the circumstances align.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

@chris-beachum Hi Chris, do you know when we’ll be able to predict all of the categories? Just wondering. Thank you!

My username stands for “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

do you know when we’ll be able to predict all of the categories? Just wondering. Thank you!

Some technical/below the line categories (Documentary Feature, Documentary Short, Foreign Language, Make-up and Hair-styling, Score, Song, Animated Short, Live Action Short, Visual Effects) announce shortlists, so I would assume all categories would be up for prediction when all of them are announced.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Some technical/below the line categories (Documentary Feature, Documentary Short, Foreign Language, Make-up and Hair-styling, Score, Song, Animated Short, Live Action Short, Visual Effects) announce shortlists, so I would assume all categories would be up for prediction when all of them are announced.

If I remember correctly, last year some of the technical categories (Costumes, Production Design, Cinematography and Film Editing) were available in predictions center in September. But the ones with shortlists we were definetly able to predict after the shortlists were announced.

Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That’s right. We won’t have the categories with the shortlists till after that announcement.

Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

There are nine categories with shortlists: Documentary Feature, Documentary Short Subject, International Feature, Makeup and Hairstyling, Music (Original Score), Music (Original Song), Animated Short Film, Live Action Short Film and Visual Effects.

Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Let’s keep the conversation going in Part 4.

Viewing 8 posts - 481 through 488 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.