Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Oscars 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 269 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
60 mins ago
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
thatnerdgreg
PJ Edwards
  • bellajoe
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Brie is getting in. Michael and Jaime are the movie’s best bets at this point.

Jordan isn’t happening, if he couldn’t get supporting for Black Panther, he won’t get lead for Just Mercy. I’m not putting Brie in just yet. I think the only chance she has is if Just Mercy breaks out big, like picture and screenplay big.

ReplyCopy URL
    justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish Luce was getting more attention. I realized it flopped at the box office, but Kelvin Harrison, Jr. should certainly be in the best actor discussion and supporting actress Andrea Bang is stunning in her scene with Naomi Watts. I understand, however, that an adapted screenplay nomination and supporting actress nomination for Octavia Spencer are all it would get, but likely won’t even get those. In a perfect world – and this was stated earlier, it would be a front runner for SAG ensemble.

ReplyCopy URL
    Yal
    Participant
    Topics:

Luce was never happening lol
    may it flop in peace

ReplyCopy URL
    nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish Luce was getting more attention. I realized it flopped at the box office, but Kelvin Harrison, Jr. should certainly be in the best actor discussion and supporting actress Andrea Bang is stunning in her scene with Naomi Watts. I understand, however, that an adapted screenplay nomination and supporting actress nomination for Octavia Spencer are all it would get, but likely won’t even get those. In a perfect world – and this was stated earlier, it would be a front runner for SAG ensemble.

I too wish there was more discussion about this movie because it leaves you with so many questions. Kelvin Harrison was amazing and downright scary in it.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, the Academy snubbed the very well received frontrunner documentary.

I think that has more to do with the documentary branch of the academy being incompetent garbage than some sort of secret hatred towards Mr. Roger’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    LegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Topics:

I see Just Mercy being this year’s Marshall, in that it looks like it might have potential, but ends up having little impact.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

I have been told the cut I watched of Harriet is not the same used tonight at TIFF. I still think reactions will be good but you can’t tale my word for it anymore..

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I have been told the cut I watched of Harriet is not the same used tonight at TIFF. I still think reactions will be good but you can’t tale my word for it anymore..

rut roh

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone talking about how amazing Luce is and I still haven’t been able to see it.

ReplyCopy URL
    lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

I too wish there was more discussion about this movie because it leaves you with so many questions. Kelvin Harrison was amazing and downright scary in it.

So talented. His performance is subtle and layered letting you see just glimpses of deviancy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

This is no good. That means that the movie was terrible.

ReplyCopy URL
    NoLogo
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone talking about how amazing Luce is and I still haven’t been able to see it.

Same. It played here for all of a week. I’m patiently waiting for a digital version. I’ll keep you posted if I see one pop up online.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Same. It played here for all of a week. I’m patiently waiting for a digital version. I’ll keep you posted if I see one pop up online.

Thanks! I’m low-key desperate at this point to watch it. Also, I’m in love with your new pfp lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    NoLogo
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks! I’m low-key desperate at this point to watch it. Also, I’m in love with your new pfp lol.

I got you boo and I am too. There is a crooked, grainy cam version online, but I gotta have my Lady Octavia in HD quality.

And thank you! I realized I have got to start stanning the Grand Dame Woodard. She will not be forgotten!

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I got you boo and I am too. There is a crooked, grainy cam version online, but I gotta have my Lady Octavia in HD quality.

And thank you! I realized I have got to start stanning the Grand Dame Woodard. She will not be forgotten!

I definitely would’ve bought it if I had to to watch it in HD lol, but literally five seconds ago I just found out that a theater near me is playing it this weekend, so I guess AMC is about to too (I’m going to throw hands with them over their “wait until Wednesday to show showtimes” policy). So I guess I’m going to watch our queen on the big screen lol.

Same, but I’m going to fight whoever let Neon buy Clemency because they apparently don’t know how to campaign lol.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.