Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 448 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Oscirus_Jones
Kafka_Gyllenh..
  • Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

Not a single person got 90% or more. So fun!

Yeah. The entire thing was much less predictable than we all thought. I got 69.57% right.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

A reminder once again – at the Oscars, at least in the acting categories, narratives do not trump the performance + Best Picture nominee combo.

Olivia Colman with an iconic performance in the nomination leader trumps Glenn Close’s overdue narrative

Frances McDormand with (IMO) the best performance in the Best Picture winner trumps Viola and Andra’s narrative.

Anthony Hopkins with his career-best performance in the Best Picture nominee trumps Chadwick’s narrative.

Narratives just don’t work as effectively at the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL

It was wild to me how so many people were sleeping on Frances this entire awards season. She’s Frances McDormand. She’ll always be a threat in any category she’s nominated in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

Honestly, the most egregious win was the painfully ugly Mank beating the gorgeous Nomadland in Cinematography.

Agreed.

I thought Mank looked very weird to be honest. I wasn’t fond of the cinematography at all. Felt… parody-ish? Especially with the digitally added dust and scratches.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

I will say that this quartet is pretty darn good overall, but I feel like McDormand was just kind of herself in this movie. No disrespect to her, and she deserved her other two Actress wins, but Davis WAS Ma Rainey… And Mulligan did something so unique.

FYC: Minari for Everything

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fivestar
    Topics:

Frances McDormand now has the same number of Oscars as Daniel Day-Lewis and she didn’t even have to act for any of them. What a legend, lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I thought Mank looked very weird to be honest. I wasn’t fond of the cinematography at all. Felt… parody-ish?

Mank wasn’t on film maybe thats why. But I agree.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Frances McDormand not only has more Oscars than Meryl Streep, but also won more in a quicker amount of time than Meryl. That’s insane.

France never called Harvey Weinstein a god.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    js25years
    Topics:

So now winning a F******* BAFTA is the new precursor now?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

just because frances didnt attend the televised awards doesnt mean she didnt spend months of campaign and promotion of the film. and well the extensive promo of nomadland was also extensive promo for frances.

no, it’s not voting on the performance alone. but thank god the most campaigned was a worthy movie now.

ReplyCopy URL

Frances McDormand is a legend now. That is a certified fact.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

Frances McDormand not only has more Oscars than Meryl Streep, but also won more in a quicker amount of time than Meryl. That’s insane.

Time between first and third Oscar wins:

Walter Brennan- 4 years

Jack Nicholson- 22 years

Daniel Day-Lewis- 23 years

Frances McDormand- 24 years

Ingrid Bergman- 30 years

Meryl Streep- 32 years

Katharine Hepburn- 35 years

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way the Globes flopped, the Tie awards flopped, even SAG flopped
    BAFTA did run this shit

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Everyone is being so rude and nasty here and on Twitter, I did not like that they left Lead Acting for last, but everyone is talking like we are supposed to start a riot for “the disrespect towards Chadwick and his family”.

His win was never secure, the overreactions are so unnecessary and mean intended, we knew Hopkins had a big shot and I even put my 500 bet on him, so don’t create this drama that doesn’t exist just because they didn’t give the Oscar the a man who died, he won three awards, isn’t that enough?

Nothing carries the weight of an Oscar, and you clearly know that. Boseman was severely disrespected tonight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

People: We want the Academy to vote for the best performance! The Academy: Votes for the best performance People: We don’t like it!

Youre not making the point you think you are since your definition of best performance isnt universal.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.