Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 448 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Oscirus_Jones
Kafka_Gyllenh..
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

baby we RUN the oscars now

HELP not your FYC being all of the correct Oscar predictions.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I got 63% accuracy for Oscar, definitely better than fucking Grammy. One thing we learn from both ceremonies. HER is that bitch I-

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

We have been discussing the whole season how Chadwick’s possible win comes in a big part from his passing, and so many denying that, yet here we are and everyone is going “Chadwick should have won because it was his last chance and you even made her wife go to see him lose”.

I’m sorry but I have to call out the hipocrisy, I get your anger over things were set up, but no one knew Hopkins was winning, and at the same time no one knew if Chadwick was winning, so no one told his wife that she was 100% going to be receiving the award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

I just realized that Hopkins win over Boseman is a repeat moment of Arkin winning over Eddie Murphy a few years ago.

I honestly think Will Smith should’ve won that year.

FYC: Minari for Everything

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

How much this huge addition of new members and agents in the Academy impacted these weird unexpected wins in the Lead categories???

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Glenn Close dancing was also the best moment of the night.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

wow i m in 212 place

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I’m happy for McDormand’s win tonight but I wish she hadn’t won for Three Billboards. Sally Hawkins, Margot Robbie, or Saoirse Ronan would have made terrific winners, and are all still Oscar-less.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

How much this huge addition of new members and agents in the Academy impacted these weird unexpected wins in the Lead categories???

They must have added a lot of british people or all european new members are not as woke as America expect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Frances McDormand now has the same number of Oscars as Daniel Day-Lewis and she didn’t even have to act for any of them. What a legend, lol

Considering that ddl robbed freeman with his first win, im ok with that

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Glenn Close dancing was also the best moment of the night.

Agreed. Glenn Close kinda stole the show before Frances did and Frances is far from affable like Close, she’s just badass & awesome lol.

People will LOVE Close after this!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Flickchick
    Topics:

I know why they moved BP up but why did they have Renee give out best actress and Joaquin best actor?  It’s usually the reverse, and I would think Renee could better handle the sensitivity needed around Boseman’s passing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

I don’t know who needs to hear this but the academy will vote for whoever they want and they’ve survived bigger backlash before. It’s sad for Chadwick’s wife but Hopkins gave the best performance of the year. You can’t control people, they’re always gonna vote for who and what they want. I tried to warn people that just because actor was last didn’t mean Boseman was gonna win lol. They don’t know who’s gonna win ahead of time

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

There’s nothing weird about the lead categories wins? Both of them are long respected veterans in Best Picture nominees. The increased diverse membership would have made 3/4 or 4/4 POC winning more likely which did not happen.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Topics:

Let’s just remember that the Academy has never been that much sentimental with dead people….They pass on James Dean twice……Massimo Troisi was literally dying during the filming of Il Postino (The Postman) and that was a legacy performance. There’s a reason why only two acting winners after dying.. they had the best performance.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.