Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 452 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Oscirus_Jones
Kafka_Gyllenh..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I regret having her in 4th too. I should have moved her up to at least 3rd as she was definitely ahead of Andra. I just assumed the Best Picture stat was going to benefit Carey and not Frances. I guess that Bafta jury snub really was telling after all vis-a-vis Carey’s strength. I also genuinely did not believe they would give her a 3rd Oscar, which in hindsight was incredible dumb reasoning.

This is exactly how I felt. I knew the Best Picture stat would come in to play but I was very idiotic for underestimating Frances as being the one to fit this. I too thought Mulligan would benefit and not McDormand.

I do think that it was a close race although whilst I feel certain Davis and Mulligan were next in line due to the across the board strength of their films, I can’t tell who was closer. I guess we’ll never know lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

Did Yuh-Jung come with her daughter? She’s so lovely!

That’s racist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That’s racist.

I’m sure it was a genuine mistake.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

This is not about awards, this is about production. Viola Davis I think she can win best actress perfectly when she has a character / movie for it.

Frankly, if Viola was the lead instead of Nicole Beharie in Miss Juneteenth, she would have swept. Nicole Beharie gave such an excellent performance and deserved more awards recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anush
    Topics:

2014 Oscars Ceremony was the best one. It was also happens to be the first time I watched Oscars partly the reason for me to fall in love.

I mean Ellen hosted that year she did a fantastic job by not being political yet being funny and entertaining.

I mean she made Meryl Julia eat Pizza and that iconic selfie that literally broke the internet.

Even with the nominees so star studded yet so diverse and winners were too.

It also was the last most watched ceremony.

When can we have another one like this. Are the academy and producers never trying at all?. I mean looks like they have forgotten what the show used to be like few years back.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

2014 Oscars Ceremony was the best one. It was also happens to be the first time I watched Oscars partly the reason for me to fall in love. I mean Ellen hosted that year she did a fantastic job by not being political yet being funny and entertaining. I mean she made Meryl Julia eat Pizza and that iconic selfie that literally broke the internet. Even with the nominees so star studded yet so diverse and winners were too. It also was the last most watched ceremony. When can we have another one like this. Are the academy and producers never trying at all?. I mean looks like they have forgotten what the show used to be like few years back.

The political speeches are so annoying. Kaluuya’s speech is one of the worst speeches I’ve ever heard, telling the audience what they need to do just because he played Fred Hampton in a film was so cringy I had to mute. If these people could keep things short and sweet and the films have a rewatchablility factor like Captain Philips, The Wolf of Wallstreet and American Hustle and not Nomadland, The Father and Minari the viewership would go back up. How Nomadland is Best Picture winner is embarrassing to me, If House of Gucci and Lady Gaga are up for multiple oscars next year, the viewership will jump again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

The political speeches are so annoying. Kaluuya’s speech is one of the worst speeches I’ve ever heard, telling the audience what they need to do just because he played Fred Hampton in a film was so cringy I had to mute. If these people could keep things short and sweet and the films have a rewatchablility factor like Captain Philips, The Wolf of Wallstreet and American Hustle and not Nomadland, The Father and Minari the viewership would go back up. How Nomadland is Best Picture winner is embarrassing to me, If House of Gucci and Lady Gaga are up for multiple oscars next year, the viewership will jump again.

Viewership will jump again by default of people returning to cinemas and thus increasing the enthusiasm for movies overall including related shows. I don’t expect it to last especially if all those cringe elements remain but jump in 2022 is inevitable though perhaps not to 23M that was the previous worst. There will be a host again, live audience, glamour and movies that people actually saw (10 Picture line-up gaurantees that some populist movies will get in).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

OMG.

Yuh-Jung Youn & Viola Davis pictured together is possibly the best thing to come out of the Oscars

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If these people could keep things short and sweet and the films have a rewatchablility factor like Captain Philips, The Wolf of Wallstreet and American Hustle and not Nomadland, The Father and Minari

Nomadland, The Father and Minari are a gazillion times stronger and more rewatchable than American Hustle and are rightfully going to be more revered in times to come than it. It’s not their fault that a pandemic arrived.

People need to stop acting like for a film to be awards worthy it needs to star an A lister lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

American Hustle is the worst film of all time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I don’t even remember what American Hustle is about.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

That’s Yeri Han (who played Youn’s daughter in Minari).

My flop. Let me get my number checked.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

and the films have a rewatchablility factor like Captain Philips, The Wolf of Wallstreet and American Hustle

You’re the reason why DOR films keep getting nominated at the Oscars.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

American Hustle deserved 10 razzie nominations and wins for Director, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress (you know who they are). The way Jennifer was this close to winning for that terribly acted crap… thank God the Academy didn’t listen to BAFTA that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Let’s hope Canterbury Glass doesn’t contaminate every above the line category this time around.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 452 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.