Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 448 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Oscirus_Jones
Kafka_Gyllenh..
  • Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

who TF will rewatch American Hustle? A forgettable, poorly-acted, self indulgent crap. The Oscars should’ve be ashamed for wasting their 10 nominations to this disgusting film. (Especially for that Razzie-worthy Lawrence). It’s funny that Jenlaw actual razzie performance for American Hustle got praised so highly, and she ends up at the Razzie with mother! instead, a great performance. Blegh!

Well Quentin Tarrantino said so, that people will watch movies like American Hustle in many years to come. I think it’s only in this forum that American Hustle is slammed. I don’t love the movie or Russell, and yes Nomadland and Minari are much better films with awe inspiring work but American Hustle is not THAT bad as some people make it to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Nomadland, The Father and Minari are a gazillion times stronger and more rewatchable than American Hustle and are rightfully going to be more revered in times to come than it. It’s not their fault that a pandemic arrived. People need to stop acting like for a film to be awards worthy it needs to star an A lister lmao.

Your right about the quality of films but the general audience who are generic in their preferences would never have flocked into the theatres to watch Nomadland or Minari. That’s the harsh truth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Well Quentin Tarrantino said so, that people will watch movies like American Hustle in many years to come.

Well he’s wrong no one has revisited it.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I can’t even tell if American Hustle is a bad film because I never watched it again since it debuted lol. I remember liking it in the 2014 season but I simply have no desire to watch it again. The only thing I remember about it is J-Law exploding a microwave but that’s it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well Quentin Tarrantino said so, that people will watch movies like American Hustle in many years to come. I think it’s only in this forum that American Hustle is slammed. I don’t love the movie or Russell, and yes Nomadland and Minari are much better films with awe inspiring work but American Hustle is not THAT bad as some people make it to be.

I have literally seen no mention of American Hustle since 2014.

I don’t think Nomadland or Minari will necessarily be re-watched again and again (maybe the latter) but both films will be more revered in times to come than a generic film starring an ingenue of a certain moment from a disgraced director.

American Hustle is no The Wolf of Wall Street.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

The Irishman would have won at 7 or 8 oscars if it came out in 2020 including picture and director. What a shame!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

The political speeches are so annoying. Kaluuya’s speech is one of the worst speeches I’ve ever heard, telling the audience what they need to do just because he played Fred Hampton in a film was so cringy I had to mute. If these people could keep things short and sweet and the films have a rewatchablility factor like Captain Philips, The Wolf of Wallstreet and American Hustle and not Nomadland, The Father and Minari the viewership would go back up. How Nomadland is Best Picture winner is embarrassing to me, If House of Gucci and Lady Gaga are up for multiple oscars next year, the viewership will jump again.

That was a political speech for you?  His telling hollywood to do better was hardly a problem. Id be willing to bet you were one of those who found no cringe in Ricky gervais shit-talking hollywood at the globes despite the fact that he was doing the same exact thing.

The only problem with the speech was that he ended it foolishly and thats all people seem to be talking about.

Speeches werent the problem, an over-indulgent director who decided to buck trends by messing with the order of awards and removing clips for the most part was the problem. Id imagine the pandemic and lack of blockbusters didnt help either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

American Hustle is a completely forgettable movie – it’s Scorsese-lite, and not even good Scorsese-lite. Should have been nominated for nothing. ALL of Russell’s post-“I Heart Huckabees” work is garbage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Germanswordfish
    Topics:

So here’s obviously what happened at the Oscars with the Best Actress race where Viola was subbed, the vote got split between Davis and Day and Mcdormad ended up winning. It’s a damn shame but it’s what happened. What this means: that Clayton Davis was the only person to predict this, I kind of predicted it but didn’t think it was going to happen. Also, that the whole Carey Mulligan hype of her winning was just a load of rubbish. I said that all along, that her and Kirby scraped a nomination. In terms of Best Actor, Anthony Hopkins won fair and square. I only thought that when I saw the clips on Oscar night and was like damn he’s good in this, but still would have predicted Boseman. So the snub was Viola Davis, she was robbed. And this means big for a black actress to now really win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Also, that the whole Carey Mulligan hype of her winning was just a load of rubbish. I said that all along, that her and Kirby scraped a nomination.

So why did Mulligan “scrape” a nomination when her movie was nominated for BP and won Screenplay, meanwhile Andra Day was the only nominee from her movie and was only nominated at the Globes before the Oscars? Even Viola Davis’ movie missed every major nomination outside Actor and Actress.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pls Carey Mulligan was like second or third not barely scraping a nomination. Her film was 3rd in Best Picture with its nomination performance and its screenplay win.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Germanswordfish
    Topics:

So why did Mulligan “scrape” a nomination when her movie was nominated for BP and won Screenplay, meanwhile Andra Day was the only nominee from her movie and was only nominated at the Globes before the Oscars? Even Viola Davis’ movie missed every major nomination outside Actor and Actress.

ummmm, this is the Best Actress race, not Best Picture or screenplay, there seems to be some confusion that the films are the performances, that would be unfair for great performances in not Best Picture movies. I’m not denying the film, Fennell deserves her hype and her win, it’s great and the character is shocking and attention grabbing but Carey Mulligan was not going to win Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Germanswordfish
    Topics:

Pls Carey Mulligan was like second or third not barely scraping a nomination. Her film was 3rd in Best Picture with its nomination performance and its screenplay win.

the fact Mcdormad won actually says she was 4th or 5th as Clayton Davis predicted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

the fact Mcdormad won actually says she was 4th or 5th as Clayton Davis predicted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, vote split between Davis and Day my ass!  What happened is old white voter dudes are NOT voting for black women in Best Actress.  Plain and simple. #OscarsStillSoWhite

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.