Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 448 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Oscirus_Jones
Kafka_Gyllenh..
  • Profile picture
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Topics:

To those who said that Mulligan was blocked by the Jury at the Bafta…. let’s remember that that Jury used a ranking method…yes they had a mission to put people of color among the nominees but they still ranked McDormand and Kirby higher and some other four less known actresses above CM so it wasn’t any shock that she didn’t won  the Oscar…… In the case of Hopkins let’s say that the best performer won.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Hopkins truly deserved to win, you can’t deny that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Andra Day and Chadwick Boseman should’ve won in the lead categories. What does it take for the Oscars to represent deserving black performers in non-supporting categories?

Sidney Poitier and Halle Berry, apparently.

FYC: Minari for Everything

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

Hopkins deserved the award he gave an amazing performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

I am heartbroken, not even furious. Carey Mulligan was robbed. This is my last time commenting on this site. I hope everybody who predicted that c–t McDormand is happy. She now has as many acting Oscars as Meryl Streep for virtually playing the same character of a no-nonsense weirdo with a soft heart. This is the only thing she can do. But you know what will be ugly. I know somebody who rooted for this win here and attacked Meryl Streep all year long. Next time Meryl Streep, a truly versatile master of an actor, delivers a knockout performance, they would say: Sorry, she won nine-ten-eleven years ago. It wouldn’t matter that she’s a chameleon. It wouldn’t matter that she’s gigantic. All would matter would be that she doesn’t have to win again. As Salieri put it: Long liv mediocrity. And yes, McDormand with her limited range is just that. That same person who rooted for McDormand said a thousand times that Streep would now start producing to catch up with McDormand. No, she wouldn’t. She’s not the little you. And Carey Mulligan, you were robbed! BAFTA did this! And you know what. The entire show was poor, Soderbergh promised us something great and couldn’t keep his mouth shut. This was an anticlimactic Zoom presentation delivered live. WHAT A SHAME! It’s over for me. Stay with mediocrity!

The Academy loves the painfully mediocre. Fist Kathrine Hepburn and now Francis.

And how in the world does SHE gets to have more BA wins over Streep?

Unbelievable. I am disgusted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

For the people saying that Best Actor being last to honor Chadwick and it’s a disgrace…..let’s take this as the Oscars honoring a legend winning his second Oscar, and for an excellent performance.

Vitriol is something that the king would not want.

Movie-lover overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marvelgaryen
    Topics:

JUSTICE FOR CAREY, FRANCES PLAYED HERSELF IN NOMADLAND I’M SICK

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

I still think Riz Ahmed had the best performance… at least if he’d won we’d get a surprise and a speech… My God.

FYC: Minari for Everything

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Boseman fuckign died and was loved by everyone. he gave a phenomenal performance and this was his last chance to ever receive recognition from the academy. he was iconic and inspired a generation. And they gave it to an 80 year old white guy who didn;t even bother to show up.

This looks so fucking bad on their part I don’t even have words anymore.. God I hope the ratings are absolutely atrocious it’s what this season deserves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

I moved Frances to second place today 🙃 so annoying

And so heartbroken that Chadwick didn’t get his moment. Ugh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Halle Berry Will be the only black actress ever to win the Oscars
    I’m just sad.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

Boseman fuckign died and was loved by everyone. he gave a phenomenal performance and this was his last chance to ever receive recognition from the academy. he was iconic and inspired a generation.

And they gave it to an 80 year old white guy who didn;t even bother to show up.

He didn’t show up because he’s 83. and he also gave the best performance of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Hopkins deserved.

But Frances McDormand doesn’t deserve three Oscars, especially for just playing herself.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Hopkins was my favourite performance of the year in any category, I’m thrilled he won, though I can obviously see why people wanted Boseman to win.

McDormand wouldn’t have been my choice, but it’s impressive that she’s now the third person to win for both acting and producing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Twitter is in fucking flames right now as it should be FUCK THE OSCARS!!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.