Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Nominations Reactions (Part 1)

Oscars 2021 Nominations Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 538 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Kafka_Gyllenh..
Oscirus_Jones
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Offer your reactions to Monday’s nominations in this thread. The best ones might be featured in an article on our home page.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My reactions prepared for tomorrow:

If they snub any of the Best Actress five

If they snub Carey Mulligan or Emerald Fennell

If they go for an all white lineup

Whenever they announce a surprise nomination

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Damiansport1
    Topics:

Chris, what time you shut down Predictions center? It’s important!

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Please just shut down the predictions center… I keep changing my predictions because like what Meryl Streep once said:

I have such doubt.

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

Just waiting on tomorrow to get here

Profile picture
    Damiansport1
    Topics:

Ok, so looks like 4am Pacific time Predictions center will be shutdown. 13 hours to go.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Probably shutting down at 5:00 a.m. PT, maybe a few minutes before.

Profile picture
    cinetastic
    Topics:

Please just shut down the predictions center… I keep changing my predictions because like what Meryl Streep once said:

I’m trying too hard not to change mine. In multiple choice exams, whenever I changed my answers, I ended up making mistakes which means I did regret it a lot. So I don’t want to regret it now.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

I’m trying too hard not to change mine. In multiple choice exams, whenever I changed my answers, I ended up making mistakes which means I did regret it a lot. So I don’t want to regret it now.

I’m really torn about The Father, Da 5 Bloods and News Of The World, or even The Mauritanian for the 9th and 10th spot.

Profile picture
    cinetastic
    Topics:

I’m really torn about The Father, Da 5 Bloods and News Of The World, or even The Mauritanian for the 9th and 10th spot.

I’m currently watching the Mauritanian now which is making me consider about changing my predictions. I have a feeling like it might receive more nominations than expected. It might be because I’m liking the movie so far. I’m not sure about the last 2 spots, too. Perhaps, the last 2 spots could never be there if the Academy nominates 8 movies instead of 10. I haven’t seen the Father because it’s not available anywhere but I still predicted it because it seems to be doing so well with nominations. I mean, I put the Father in the 8th rank. As for 9th and 10th ranks, I included Judas and the Black Messiah and Da 5 Bloods but I’m thinking Sound of Metal and/or News of the World could replace them unless the Mauritanian does.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I keep thinking to myself Another Round surely should get another nomination outside of foreign film considering the success of international cinema last year and the year prior (Roma nominations across the board, Pawel making it in directing and Cold War being nominated in cinematography). But I can’t see it anywhere in actor, director, original screenplay, or cinematography. Surely it has to get an additional nomination somewhere but I’m not predicting it.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

And the nominees are:

Jared Leto, for The Little Things

Jared Leto, for Snyder Cut’s Justice League

Jared Leto, for Morbius

Jared Leto, for The House of Gucci

Profile picture
    cinetastic
    Topics:

I keep thinking to myself Another Round surely should get another nomination outside of foreign film considering the success of international cinema last year and the year prior (Roma nominations across the board, Pawel making it in directing and Cold War being nominated in cinematography). But I can’t see it anywhere in actor, director, original screenplay, or cinematography. Surely it has to get an additional nomination somewhere but I’m not predicting it.

Another Round deserves to get a nomination for Best Leading Actor, Best Original Screenplay and Best Directing. I think, it’s the only thing BAFTAs got right this year. I’m still mad at BAFTAs for pulling a Carey Mulligan snub when she’s a talented British actress. Anyway, let’s get back to Another Round. It seems like it’s really a long shot for Another Round to receive another nomination at the moment but I’d be so happy if it would be the surprise of the day.

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

I used to just give up and leave multiple choice answers blank, without even guessing. That was dumb.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

I’m just waiting for that random director and/or actor to come up which didn’t show up anywhere or maybe just once. PLEASE GOD DELROY LINDO

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Nominations Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.