Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 499 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
methaddiction
crabbie
SN
  • Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

I feel confident that Hopkins is the frontrunner now. 4. Many great actors and legends passed away with no competitive Oscar. Cary Grant, Greta Garbo, Judy Garland, Marlene Dietrich, just to name a few.

What Eddy Q said^. Also we just saw the Academy vicariously award Garland; we know this played a role in Zellweger’s win.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

I’m picking Hopkins. This could easily blow up in my face, but I currently have Ma Rainey getting SHUT OUT for the night.

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

I’m picking Hopkins. This could easily blow up in my face, but I currently have Ma Rainey getting SHUT OUT for the night.

Me and you both. I believe they will spread the wealth among the 8 Best Picture nominees, as they did in 2014 and 2018 when there were 8 nominees.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Predicting a MRBB shut out is…bold. To say the least.

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

It’s got Makeup and Costumes in the bag, it’ll be a shock if it loses those

Profile picture
    Dr. Manhattan
    Topics:

Seeing Chadwick Boseman win the Gold Derby Award for Best Actor, in spite of plenty on this forum banging the drum for Anthony Hopkins (who finished in third place), gives me just a tad more confidence in predicting Boseman to win the Oscar (and I’ve always been confident in this prediction, anyhow).

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

Seeing Chadwick Boseman win the Gold Derby Award for Best Actor, in spite of plenty on this forum banging the drum for Anthony Hopkins (who finished in third place), gives me just a tad more confidence in predicting Boseman to win the Oscar (and I’ve always been confident in this prediction, anyhow).

I don’t think the Gold Derby Awards mean much honestly, it seems like people were just predicting the Oscar winners than voting for who they thought was the best

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

The MTV movie awards have more relevance to the Oscars than Gold Derby

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

I have a theory that at this point people are so invested in what they’re predicting and are so actively rooting for their picks to win that they start having a more favorable view of said contender.

Goldderby awards should be held in December, when people’s preferences aren’t affected that much by the awards buzz.

Profile picture
    Dr. Manhattan
    Topics:

The MTV movie awards have more relevance to the Oscars than Gold Derby

Let me be clear that I’m not predicting Boseman to win the Oscar because he won the Gold Derby Award. I’m predicting Boseman because of his narrative and his precursor wins first and foremost. The significance of this win is almost non-existent, yes. I just found it ironic that, despite the Hopkins love on these forums, Boseman still handily defeated him. Doesn’t mean that Hopkins can’t win the Oscar, but it does give me the tiniest increase in confidence to predict Boseman (who people should anyway be confidently predicting; he is the heavy favorite, after all), even though having that tiny increase in confidence is probably irrational.

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

I’m still hoping Hopkins could upset (useless hope lol).

Profile picture
    Cordell Martin
    Topics:

Boseman is winning. End of story!

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

BAFTA only confirmed that Hopkins is the runner up in this race. Boseman will still win.

1. Boseman
    2. Hopkins
    3. Ahmed
    4. Yeun
    5. Oldman

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Yeah I don’t think Anthony Hopkins is going to pull an Olivia Colman because unlike Glenn Close, Chadwick Boseman was actually in a film that the Academy has seen and liked enough to nominate in multiple different categories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.