Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 495 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
methaddiction
crabbie
SN
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Olivia Colman giving an acceptance speech on behalf of Anthony Hopkins would make me beyond happy!!!! I know it won’t happen but I can dream!!! Every once in a great while the academy surprises me – the last time was when Olivia Colman deservedly won instead of Glenn Close…

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Unless somehow he knows, my guess is it’s related to the Oscars: After Dark post-show being co-hosted by Colman Domingo. Gonna be awkward as hell if Boseman loses….

Not really. At least he’ll get his namesake with an Oscar on her hand.

It’s Hopkins’ Oscar, but on her hand for the show.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

At this point here’s what I think will happen.

Hopkins will end up getting more votes, but they won’t have the balls of letting Chadwick lose. So they’ll say it was a tie and both get their due.

Anyway, if Chadwick ends up losing, I really hope people will be intelligent enough not to scream “RACISM” on these forums. Both supporting categories are locked for POC contenders. There is a really good chance that Best Actress will also go to Davis or Day.

Hopkins is one of the best actors of all time giving what many consider the best performance of his career. He deserves this.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

You can’t be serious.

If the difference isn’t that big, I don’t find it impossible. At the end of the day it is the only way everyone is happy. They make sure that what they clearly believe is the best performance wins, while also making sure they honor Boseman’s legacy.

Ties have happened before, hell one even happened in the last decade. The chance for one is beyond minimal, but if there is a time and a place for one, this is it.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If the difference isn’t that big, I don’t find it impossible. At the end of the day it is the only way everyone is happy. They make sure that what they clearly believe is the best performance wins, while also making sure they honor Boseman’s legacy.

Literally nobody will get angry at Boseman winning except for a small minority of people on Goldderby and Twitter. I prefer Hopkins too but it’s not like I’m going throw a fit about him losing. The best performance has never won for decades at the Oscars. There is no such thing as genuine public outrage over someone “less deserving” winning. The same way everyone has moved on with Gwenyth Paltrow’s win.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

Literally nobody will get angry at Boseman winning except for a small minority of people on Goldderby and Twitter. I prefer Hopkins too but it’s not like I’m going throw a fit about him losing. The best performance has never won for decades at the Oscars. There is no such thing as genuine public outrage over someone “less deserving” winning. The same way everyone has moved on with Gwenyth Paltrow’s win.

Where exactly did I say that people will get angry if Hopkins loses?

I’m saying that I think people will vote for the performance that they think it’s better and most people think that’s Hopkins.

A tie could happen only in case Hopkins gets more votes, not the other way around.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

The best performance has never won for decades at the Oscars. There is no such thing as genuine public outrage over someone “less deserving” winning. The same way everyone has moved on with Gwenyth Paltrow’s win.

Also what are you on about?

Joaquin Phoenix, Casey Affleck, Olivia Colman, J.K. Simmons, Viola Davis, Lupita Nyong’o were all considered by far the best performers of their category in the years they won.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’m saying that I think people will vote for the performance that they think it’s better and most people think that’s Hopkins.

You insinuated there would be a feeling of disappointment among Academy members since Boseman winning “won’t make everyone happy”. I am sure whoever wins this category the majority of the Academy will be satisfied by their choices.

Also what are you on about?

I meant there’s been multiple occasions where the less deserving performance wins. Laura Dern last year comes to mind.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

You insinuated there would be a feeling of disappointment among Academy members since Boseman winning “won’t make everyone

Allow me to clarify. I don’t think the possible unhappiness will be generated by Boseman’s victory per say, as much as by voters feeling pressured into voting for him when they think someone else gave a better performance.

If the two tie, voters still will have gotten to vote for who they thought was best, while also not having to feel bad because Chadiwick lost.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

So now it’s about a tie? Commenting on this thread is not mandatory to be a Goldderby member, you know? You all could’ve let the thread die and revive it after the ceremony.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I wonder how Frank Langella feels this Oscar season with the role he originated on Broadway that won him a Tony for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Play being such an awards player for Anthony Hopkins. At least he got to give the SAG speech for “The Trial of the Chicago 7″‘s ensemble win, but still. I think he must wonder what could have been under different circumstances.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:
    1. At this point here’s what I think will happen. Hopkins will end up getting more votes, but they won’t have the balls of letting Chadwick lose. So they’ll say it was a tie and both get their due. Anyway, if Chadwick ends up losing, I really hope people will be intelligent enough not to scream “RACISM” on these forums. Both supporting categories are locked for POC contenders. There is a really good chance that Best Actress will also go to Davis or Day. Hopkins is one of the best actors of all time giving what many consider the best performance of his career. He deserves this.

you have the NERVE to say you hope people don’t scream out racism if the front-runner, who would happen to be only the FIFTH black man in the history of the Academy Awards to be honored as Best Actor, loses but then you say the Academy would cheat to let him win a tie with against a white actor…

You could’ve simply said “I hope Anthony Hopskins wins because I enjoyed his performance better” but you had to bring in a stupid ass conspiracy theory to justify a theoretical tie simply because you the prefer the white actor and can’t FATHOM that the Academy would be fair when it comes to the voting…

And you don’t want “other” posters screaming racism….

The muthafucking irony

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

I hope the history repeats itself. This is one of the finest acting nominee at this year Oscar along with Vanessa Kirby, Carey Mulligan, Youn Yuh Jung, Paul Raci, and Frances McDormand.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 495 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.