Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 499 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
methaddiction
crabbie
SN
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Ties are near impossible these days with such a huge membership. The last one in decades was in Sound Editing, a category that definitely used to have less voting quorum than Best Actor (voters are not obligated to vote in every category).

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

So now the theory is that voters are voting for Boseman to avoid a race war and if that fails that the academy will falsify results to avoid the race war? WTF?

Profile picture
    JoeyJoeyJoey
    Topics:

I’m still predicting Boseman (in order to win my pool), but after watching “The Father” last night, holy hell did Anthony Hopkins break my heart. Just a banner year for this category after a lot of bum years.

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

you have the NERVE to say you hope people don’t scream out racism if the front-runner, who would happen to be only the FIFTH black man in the history of the Academy Awards to be honored as Best Actor, loses but then you say the Academy would cheat to let him win a tie with against a white actor… You could’ve simply said “I hope Anthony Hopskins wins because I enjoyed his performance better” but you had to bring in a stupid ass conspiracy theory to justify a theoretical tie simply because you the prefer the white actor and can’t FATHOM that the Academy would be fair when it comes to the voting… And you don’t want “other” posters screaming racism…. The muthafucking irony

Please take a walk outside and get some fresh air.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Hey at least Riz won Spirit

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

SAG – Chadwick

BAFTA – Anthony

Spirit – Riz

Oscar – Steven

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Congrats to Riz on his Indie Spirit Award! Chadwick is still winning the Oscar though 🙂

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

the “oh I love Chadwick, but I prefer X performance” feeling is real

Boseman benefits from the fact that this year that feeling is divided between Hopkins and Ahmed

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, Hopkins is going to upset on Sunday.

Glenn Close = Chadwick Boseman

Olivia Colman = Anthony Hopkins

Profile picture
    Skyler Lindquist
    Topics:

And that’s why British people are built like this darling.

Xenophobia is gross and weird. Don’t be a weirdo.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Xenophobia is gross and weird. Don’t be a weirdo.

It’s a joke literally everyone on twitter makes and people are openly racist on here and hardly ever get called out for it so..

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

So now the theory is that voters are voting for Boseman to avoid a race war and if that fails that the academy will falsify results to avoid the race war? WTF?

How the hell did you get from what I was saying to what I’m saying?

How did you get from “If Hopkins wins by a small margin, they could give them a tie.” to “ Race war”?

Jesus, dialogue is dead.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

you have the NERVE to say you hope people don’t scream out racism if the front-runner, who would happen to be only the FIFTH black man in the history of the Academy Awards to be honored as Best Actor, loses but then you say the Academy would cheat to let him win a tie with against a white actor… You could’ve simply said “I hope Anthony Hopskins wins because I enjoyed his performance better” but you had to bring in a stupid ass conspiracy theory to justify a theoretical tie simply because you the prefer the white actor and can’t FATHOM that the Academy would be fair when it comes to the voting… And you don’t want “other” posters screaming racism…. The muthafucking irony

I already replied earlier to why this has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with how not giving it to someone whose widow is in the room might look. Is it so hard to imagine that if  there are something like 20 votes between Hopkins and Boseman, they might just give them the tie?

Also not thinking people should consider Chadwick losing racist when every other category is won by POC is somehow racist?Please explain that.

This isn’t about race, or at least it’s not the leading factor. The leading factor is the academy wanting to honor someone who died at a relatively young age.

Profile picture
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

It’s a joke literally everyone on twitter makes and people are openly racist on here and hardly ever get called out for it so..

If that’s a joke, it’s a bad joke. Delete.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

Also why do people keep interpreting this as me saying Boseman would be “cheating”. Honestly I would love to see them tie. If Boseman(or anyone by that matter) lost by less than 50 votes, I think a tie is quite reasonable. It’s a shame the academy isn’t doing ties more often.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.