Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 454 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
methaddiction
crabbie
SN

• boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Y’all overhype Hopkins performance y’all act like he revolutionized the art of acting good performance would be deserving of a Oscar but let’s no act like it’s just because Chadwick dead when he Acted his ass off and put his literally last of his life knowing he was dying into his powerful performance in Ma Rainey.

literally people keep saying chadwick isn’t winning because he passed away except that one troll.they both gave brilliant performances in their films and whoever wins tomorrow will be deserving. it’s that basic

Ash
    Topics:

literally people keep saying chadwick isn’t winning because he passed away except that one troll.they both gave brilliant performances in their films and whoever wins tomorrow will be deserving. it’s that basic

I agree as a Chadwick fan Hopkins was awesome and would be deserving but after Chadwick took sag critics choice and the golden globe and i don’t see how Hopkins and his 1 bafta win is about to win over the front runner for best actor since award season started.

cinetastic
    Topics:

I’m so torn between Boseman and Hopkins. They are both so deserving that I don’t know whom to choose.

Lucas
    Topics:

I’m sticking with Boseman. Globes + Critics Choice + SAG (+ AACTA) it’s a winner combo any year, so I can’t bet against that. This could be anoher Bong Joon-ho/Parasite moment but those upsets are rare in this category.

But I think this race is extremely close and not only because of BAFTA, but because of that surprising underperfomance of Ma Rainey’s and overperfomance of The Father on Oscar morning. There’s clearly more passion for The Father pretty much everywhere. Those anonymous ballots reflect that.

Of course I’m rooting for Hopkins, my favourite perfomance of the year, but Chadwick would be a great winner, probably one of my favourites of the last couple of years (with Phoenix and Affleck)

rodben2000
    Topics:

It’s been a while since my last post. I’ve been very busy. Just finished watching The Father and WOW… With all due respect to Chadwick Boseman(and all the other nominees) but Anthony Hopkins is just on another league. What a tremendous performance. I can’t see someone who watches the movie and doesn’t think he is the deserving winner. I think it was the first time ever I cried watching a movie. Not only one of the best performances of the decade but also one of the best performances in cinema history.

Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

Anthony Hopkins delivered truly one of the best performances in cinema history.

It was even better than Joaquin Phoenix last year. And I didn’t think it was possible lol

Jason Travis
    Topics:

FINAL BEST ACTOR & ACTRESS PREDICTIONS

Anthony Hopkins, The Father
    Andra Day, The United States vs Billie Holiday

I wish everyone luck tomorrow! Regardless it was a great year for acting all around. I will say I keep reading many posters saying “In any other year, Hopkins would win but…”, “Chadwick still won Critics, Globe, SAG…”- I’ve been in your seats before. The years when you think hardware matters more. The years where you answer your own question when writing down your thoughts on obligation vs passion. Trust me, I’ve been there. Recently with Glenn Close and Olivia Colman.

But I think Anthony has it. Voters aren’t picking acting winners based on Obligation anymore- at least, in my unique view of the race. They’re voting with who they want to win.

I take you back to 1996-97. EVERYONE had Lauren Bacall winning for The Mirror Has Two Faces. Then Juliette Binoche took it for The English Patient. Was the mindset the same then? “Lauren has it, so I’ll circle who I really want to win.” Because Binoche deserved that Oscar. Bacall wasn’t even the best part of the film. I found Streisand and Bridges quite endearing.

If Chadwick loses I just hope we don’t have to endure that the academy is racist, or the academy is shameful for not giving it to a “dead man”. Or “Hopkins won because he’s old and British.” Please at least see beyond these cliches. I hope people that DO get mad have screened all the acting nominees, because I am still hearing “Oh I haven’t watched The Father yet, it’s too expensive…but Chadwick should still take it!” It costs $20 to stream. You spend more on your lottery tickets.

Art is subjective and I believe that who ever wins tomorrow wins because they were liked the most. Yes, there will be political motives. But Passion always triumphs in the end. And if there’s more passion for Chadwick, that’s great. My passion is with Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    17K Subscribers, 33 Million Views

FYC: Andrea Riseborough in To Leslie/Banshees of Inisherin in all Categories

Ash
    Topics:

Chadwick for the win Hopkins and his bafta is not powerful enough.

Fitzgerald
    Topics:

Smart money is on Hopkins winning. You could argue Hopkins is winning BAFTA because he is a Brit. What is your argument to Boseman losing Indie Spirit award to Riz Ahmed?

The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Smart money is on Hopkins winning. You could argue Hopkins is winning BAFTA because he is a Brit. What is your argument to Boseman losing Indie Spirit award to Riz Ahmed?

The argument is that the Film Independent membership comprises a vast majority of non-industry people. Yes, BAFTA is industry, but it is not Hollywood.

watch I May Destroy You

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Riz’s speech.

Renee must be having so much fun announcing a different winner each time she presented = Chadwick at the Globes, Hopkins at BAFTA, and Riz at Spirits.

eastwest
    Topics:

Before seeing everyone, I was all in on Chadwick. Seeing Sir Anthony first set the bar that none of his fellow nominees came close to touching. Of course the internet/Twitter had to be ugly with this category. I will tune out the nonsense/stinkpieces if Sir Anthony wins bc those who knows, knows, but Chadwick is also a good pick as a career/legacy pick and that’s fine too.

Ryusei
    Topics:

I‘d honestly be sad if Boseman lost. I wasn‘t even a fan of MRBB i thought it was pretty boring but setting up this awards sweep only to ultimately give the big one to someone else just seems cruel. I know he‘s dead and he won‘t see this or hear about it but it bugs me. I loved seeing Hopkins win something and Ahmed win something but the big one should go to Boseman. I need that Boseman Mulligan winner combo. And i‘ll stick with it for my predictions whether it‘s correct or not.

FYC Everywhere even for people to just watch the show:
    This Is Going To Hurt
    Ben Whishaw
    Ambika Mod

Elazul
    Topics:

If both Boseman and Day lost then GG would be 1/4. When was the last time that ever happened?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 454 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.