Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 461 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
methaddiction
crabbie
SN

• Fitzgerald
    Topics:

Smart money is on Hopkins winning. You could argue Hopkins is winning BAFTA because he is a Brit. What is your argument to Boseman losing Indie Spirit award to Riz Ahmed?

The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Smart money is on Hopkins winning. You could argue Hopkins is winning BAFTA because he is a Brit. What is your argument to Boseman losing Indie Spirit award to Riz Ahmed?

The argument is that the Film Independent membership comprises a vast majority of non-industry people. Yes, BAFTA is industry, but it is not Hollywood.

watch I May Destroy You

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Riz’s speech.

Renee must be having so much fun announcing a different winner each time she presented = Chadwick at the Globes, Hopkins at BAFTA, and Riz at Spirits.

eastwest
    Topics:

Before seeing everyone, I was all in on Chadwick. Seeing Sir Anthony first set the bar that none of his fellow nominees came close to touching. Of course the internet/Twitter had to be ugly with this category. I will tune out the nonsense/stinkpieces if Sir Anthony wins bc those who knows, knows, but Chadwick is also a good pick as a career/legacy pick and that’s fine too.

Ryusei
    Topics:

I‘d honestly be sad if Boseman lost. I wasn‘t even a fan of MRBB i thought it was pretty boring but setting up this awards sweep only to ultimately give the big one to someone else just seems cruel. I know he‘s dead and he won‘t see this or hear about it but it bugs me. I loved seeing Hopkins win something and Ahmed win something but the big one should go to Boseman. I need that Boseman Mulligan winner combo. And i‘ll stick with it for my predictions whether it‘s correct or not.

FYC Everywhere even for people to just watch the show:
    This Is Going To Hurt
    Ben Whishaw
    Ambika Mod

Elazul
    Topics:

If both Boseman and Day lost then GG would be 1/4. When was the last time that ever happened?

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Since it’s Boseman vs Hopkins and Ahmed isn’t going to win I will be rooting for Hopkins to upset Boseman and will cheer wildly if it happens. But I am expecting to be “ho hum, the 5th best performance won” when Boseman wins tonight. His narrative is too strong ): I want to see Olivia Colman up on the podium accepting for Sir Anthony!

methaddiction
    Topics:

Since people are doing this on the actress thread EXPERT PREDICTIONS Chadwick Boseman – 28 Antnony Hopkins – 2 Riz Ahmed – 0 Steven Yeun – 0 Gary Oldman – 0

UPDATE

Chadwick Boseman – 32
    Anthony Hopkins – 1
    Riz Ahmed – 0
    Steven Yeun – 0
    Gary Oldman – 0

String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Better to look at the top users rather than the experts

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I don’t know what to do. I switched to Sir Tony yesterday but already feel like I’ll regret making that change…

GoldenLibra
    Topics:

I literally don’t feel confident predicting Hopkins or Boseman. I have Boseman but those anonymous ballots make a very convincing case for Hopkins.

I think I’ll stick with Boseman. Because he has more going for him and swept all season long. Sure there’s a lot of sentiment around his death, but I keep coming back to the fact that this is his best performance and he had so much more left in him. Plus is it really that bad that he’d win because of sentiment when he also delivered a knockout performance? He gave one of the best performances, while fighting cancer and didn’t tell anyone. That had to be incredibly hard to do. No other actor he’s up against had to face that obstacle while performing. The two previous posthumous winners didn’t perform their roles sick and didn’t jeopardize their health to do a role, and they got enough votes to carry them through. I think the Sag branch will be strong enough to carry Boseman all the way. Because they will understand the difficulty of this.

OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I’m predicting Hopkins/Mulligan and feel horrible about it.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: EEAAO, Severance, Bad Sisters, Avatar: The Way of Water

Topics:

Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 461 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.