Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 495 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
methaddiction
crabbie
SN
  • Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Okay, based on this and the other thread where he trashes Davis and Day, and steals Crabbie’s avatar lol, it’s clear TrumpBiden has reached a new level of trolling and bigotry. Everyone report spam <333

and now you’re stalking me on this thread, how about you move along? Its past your bedtime.

Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:

and now you’re stalking me on this thread, how about you move along? Its past your bedtime.

Drag that rat!

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The avatar stealing is so pathetic it’s funny lmaooooo. I do remember thinking “why is crabbie saying this nonsense” but it turns out to not be them.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

The Best Actor category is Boseman’s to take. I cannot see this going for Hopkins when he’s already an Oscar winner. Boseman has home advantage, where a lot of people want to honor his legacy.

I quite like this line up. I was so deeply moved by Riz Ahmed and Anthony Hopkins. They would be worthy winners and I’d be ecstatic for an upset honestly. I am just not betting on it.

Predicted Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman, “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”
    Personal Choice: Riz Ahmed, “Sound of Metal” / Anthony Hopkins, “The Father” (Can’t decide right now)

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

People keep bringing up the fact that Anthony Hopkins is already an Oscar winner like that means he cant win a second? People win a second all the time over people who haven’t won. Renée Zellweger did last year, Mahershala Ali the year before that and Frances McDormand the year before Mahershala?

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

People keep bringing up the fact that Anthony Hopkins is already an Oscar winner like that means he cant win a second? People win a second all the time over people who haven’t won. Renée Zellweger did last year, Mahershala Ali the year before that and Frances McDormand the year before Mahershala?

Those actors swept the precursors and weren’t competing against someone who’s dead.

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

Those actors swept the precursors and weren’t competing against someone who’s dead.

That’s irrelevant to what I’m saying, whether they swept or not they still won when they already had an Oscar so clearly them already having won beforehand didn’t have much impact on them winning a second one

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Dead actors have lost the oscar when being nominated more times then they have won so I have no idea why people keep using that as an advantage

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

Dead actors have lost the oscar when being nominated more times then they have won so I have no idea why people keep using that as an advantage

Not all of those dead actors had the narrative Boseman has. Its already been said in these threads multiple times but Boseman situation is different to all the previous posthumous nominees

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Not all of those dead actors had the narrative Boseman has. Its already been said in these threads multiple times but Boseman situation is different to all the previous posthumous nominees

Does he though? Sure he’s the black panther, but fans care about that more than academy members do and the winners are more than enough inclusive that there wouldn’t be complaints if he was upset.

Not to say that he’s not still favored, but his being dead is hardly the advantage that people make it out to be.

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

Does he though? Sure he’s the black panther, but fans care about that more than academy members do and the winners are more than enough inclusive that there wouldn’t be complaints if he was upset. Not to say that he’s not still favored, but his being dead is hardly the advantage that people make it out to be.

It’s the fact that he was an important cultural icon because of him being black panther, the academy obviously knows this and many of them will care. Also the manner in which he died is different to other nominees as he died after having cancer for 4 years. The fact that he was making some of the most successful action movies while he had cancer without telling anybody makes his narrative stronger. Also the whole BLM last year is still on peoples minds and him being the star of one of the most impactful black movies of recent times is more relevant than ever.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

That’s irrelevant to what I’m saying, whether they swept or not they still won when they already had an Oscar so clearly them already having won beforehand didn’t have much impact on them winning a second one

It’s completely relevant. By that logic, we should just ignore all precursors and predict what we want lol.

Nobody is saying Hopkins isn’t worthy to win a second Oscar. I really think he’d be winning if Chadwick wasn’t dead. But the fact is, second winners usually sweep the precursors and Hopkins only won BAFTA. And the person who won the other precursors is a beloved dead actor.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Drag that rat!

She dragged!

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

The avatar stealing is so pathetic it’s funny lmaooooo. I do remember thinking “why is crabbie saying this nonsense” but it turns out to not be them.

I literally google’d my favourite actress and this was the first pic I found, because I didnt’ have a profile pic. You people are so paranoid, I didn’t even know crabbie had that profile pic.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

It’s the fact that he was an important cultural icon because of him being black panther, the academy obviously knows this and many of them will care. Also the manner in which he died is different to other nominees as he died after having cancer for 4 years. The fact that he was making some of the most successful action movies while he had cancer without telling anybody makes his narrative stronger. Also the whole BLM last year is still on peoples minds and him being the star of one of the most impactful black movies of recent times is more relevant than ever.

He’s an actor playing a part, not an actual deity.  Just because this part was more prestigious/known than most black parts doesnt mean that he’s deserving of anything other than the fame that would come from doing such a thing. This insinuation that he should be recognized for something that he’s not even nominated for is a bit ludicrous.

Yes, the circumstances surrounding his death were tragic, probably more tragic than most, but that still has nothing to do with this oscar.

If you think BLM is going to have an influence on the oscars decisions, I have a bridge to sell ya.

The fact still remains that posthumous oscar winners are rare. Until proved otherwise through action, being dead and up for an oscar is not an advantage.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 495 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.