Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 482 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
David
OccultCherry
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Sacha Baron Cohen should campaign in Lead for Borat 2 and Supporting for The Trial of the Chicago 7.

He could easily be a double nominee at the Globes. Maybe BAFTA would follow suit 🤔

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The idea of Sacha Baron Cohen having more acting Oscar nominations than Emily Blunt and James McAvoy combined is a horrifying thought.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Jim Parsons is outstanding in TBITB and in my world he would be nominated, but I’m afraid the reality is you’re overestimating his standing in this race.

Him and Robin de Jesus could probably be nominated at SAG, (as will the ensemble) but I’m afraid that’s where it ends unless Netflix ramps it up for them.

Side-note, has Mantello ever directed a feature film before, because I wouldn’t be shocked if he wins DGA First (if eligible?)

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Him and Robin de Jesus could probably be nominated at SAG, (as will the ensemble) but I’m afraid that’s where it ends unless Netflix ramps it up for them. Side-note, has Mantello ever directed a feature film before, because I wouldn’t be shocked if he wins DGA First (if eligible?)

Pretty sure Mantello has done a little film directing before.

Anyway, as great as he was, de Jesus is probably too small a name to film audiences to make it in.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

He wouldn’t be winning DGA Debut, Regina King and Florian Zeller say hi.

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

The idea if Sacha Baron Cohen having more acting Oscar nominations than Emily Blunt and James McAvoy combined is a horrifying thought.

He should have more than both combined.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He should have more than both combined.

Maybe you should win Comedy/Musical Actor at the Globes instead.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Current Predictions:

1. Anthony Hopkins, The Father

2. Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

3. Gary Oldman, Mank

4. Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah

5. Sacha Baron Cohen, Trial of the Chicago 7

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

1: Anthony Hopkins-The Father

2: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

3: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods

4: Daniel Kaluuya-Judas and the Black Messiah

5: Gary Oldman-Mank

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The Best Actor top 5 is so locked right now that I predict they will sweep all of the precursors. No one else is even remotely close to that Top 5. There’s like a 1% chance that Gary Oldman pulls a Hanks/Chalamet/Gyllenhaal and misses the Oscar but I don’t see why the Academy would do that when Mank is going to be the most nominated film of the night and his performance will surely be praised.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

1. Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    2. Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    3. Gary Oldman (Mank)
    4. Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah)
    5. Tom Hanks (News of the World)

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

The Best Actor top 5 is so locked right now that I predict they will sweep all of the precursors. No one else is even remotely close to that Top 5. There’s like a 1% chance that Gary Oldman pulls a Hanks/Chalamet/Gyllenhaal and misses the Oscar but I don’t see why the Academy would do that when Mank is going to be the most nominated film of the night and his performance will surely be praised.

Um, it most definitely is not locked. Not when most of the movies haven’t been seen and there is still plenty of confusion about which categories Judas and Chicago 7 will campaign for. People were saying (including myself) that the Supporting Actor line up was the biggest lock of the year and literally an hour later the news dropped about Chadwick going in Lead. For all we know, Hanks could get in, Stanfield could be the Lead push and Kaluuya the Supporting.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

How is everyone still sleeping on Kingsley Ben-Adir? His is the most praised performance in a likely Best Picture contender, playing Malcolm X in a very different way from Denzel Washington from what I’ve heard. Granted, he’s not a lock, but he could supersede someone like Delroy Lindo (as much as it pains me to think about) whose film is not a top priority for Netflix and might get lost in the shuffle. I steadfastly held onto Lindo while others started saying he might get snubbed; now I’m not so sure.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Um, it most definitely is not locked. Not when most of the movies haven’t been seen and there is still plenty of confusion about which categories Judas and Chicago 7 will campaign for. People were saying (including myself) that the Supporting Actor line up was the biggest lock of the year and literally an hour later the news dropped about Chadwick going in Lead. For all we know, Hanks could get in, Stanfield could be the Lead push and Kaluuya the Supporting.

I totally agree. I honestly feel like the category placement for Chicago 7 won’t matter all that much bc I don’t see any of them getting into lead, but the category placement for Judas could honestly shake up the lineup for both lead and supporting. If they end up campaigning Kaluuya as supporting and Stanfield as lead, then Kaluuya is easily the front runner for supporting and is most likely to sweep imo. Stanfield in lead will free up the spot that a lot of people had Kaluuya in and it will be up in the air for grabs between Stanfield, Hanks, and Ahmed.

How is everyone still sleeping on Kingsley Ben-Adir?

I watched One Night like last week and he has a better shot in supporting rather than lead. Him and Odom Jr were my standouts, but I think the latter is more likely for a nom and I don’t think both of them will get in.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way the love people have for Boseman is being underestimated on here.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.