Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 482 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
David
OccultCherry
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

I did not know Ahmed was British! Well that makes me believe in him getting in the top five even stronger.

The British actors this year are:
    – Anthony Hopkins in The Father
    – Gary Oldman in Mank
    – Colin Firth in Supernova
    – Riz Ahmed in Sound of Metal
    – Sasha Baron Cohen in Borat 2
    – Daniel Kaluuya in Judas and the Black Messiah

The American actors this year are:
    – Steven Yeun in Minari
    – Delroy Lindo in Da 5 Blood
    – Chadwick Boseman in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    – Tom Hanks in News of The World
    – Stanley Tucci in Supernova

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Also I think [Ahmed] unfortunately might end up being used a “token” this year. The narrative for the first Muslim actor to win either Lead category is one that shouldn’t be underestimated and if Trump gets back in it could end up being an even stronger one.

I think you overestimate the willingness of the Academy to create narratives like this.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

but Hanks and Lindo are very vulnerable imo (and Lindo gave my favourite performance in the Actor field this year thus far).

Hanks is but Lindo really isn’t. He been praised to the skies and they always nominate at least one person who isn’t in a major Oscar contender, which is a bill Da Five Bloods fits. Not to mention, Lindo will probably be the one who wins most of the Critic awards.

The Top 5 is Hopkins, Boseman, Lindo, Kaluuya, and Oldman. I have an extremely hard time seeing any of those 5 missing any of the precursors or the Oscar.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

I did not know Ahmed was British! Well that makes me believe in him getting in the top five even stronger. The British actors this year are: – Anthony Hopkins in The Father – Gary Oldman in Mank – Colin Firth in Supernova – Riz Ahmed in Sound of Metal – Sasha Baron Cohen in Borat 2 – Daniel Kaluuya in Judas and the Black Messiah The American actors this year are: – Steven Yeun in Minari – Delroy Lindo in Da 5 Blood – Chadwick Boseman in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom – Tom Hanks in News of The World – Stanley Tucci in Supernova

Delroy Lindo was actually born in Britain and has dual British-American citizenship

rubbish

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Delroy missing after serving THAT performance would be beyond outrageous

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Anthony Hopkins, Delroy Lindo, Gary Oldman and Chadwick Boseman are a lock. Fifth slot is up for grabs.

Kaluuya’s not a lock?

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Anthony Hopkins, Delroy Lindo, Gary Oldman and Chadwick Boseman are a lock. Fifth slot is up for grabs.

I don’t think Lindo is a “lock” just yet because he still has some hurdles cross epsecially considering his film was a June release and voting doesn’t start till 4 months from now, so let’s see if he can keep the momentum before we call him a lock yet. He is still super likely and I’m sure he is getting nominated, but not a complete lock.

Kaluuya’s not a lock?

Once Judas drops, I think we’re all in agreement that Kaluuya is getting nominated in which ever category they choose to campaign him in. He arguably has the most baitiest role this awards season and it’s also in an extremely timely film as well.

Profile picture
    Lj
    Topics:

Aren’t all films with Black leads timely to what’s happening in US this year? So are they all gonna fight each other? They can’t have all black actor categories. Can they?

Yea most of them are timely, but if you do the research on what the film actually delves into and what Fred Hampton fought for, it’s most of the same exact things that the black community struggles with today. This film is probably the most perfect film to come out in terms of the times our country is in.

Profile picture
    Lj
    Topics:

They can’t have all black actor categories. Can they?

They won’t have all black categories, but I do think we will see more pocs get recognized this year at the Oscars and most especially the Baftas who failed completely on doing just that.

Profile picture
    Lj
    Topics:

So if that’s the case then what will the Supporting actor category look like? Can it be Kalluya (if he goes supporting), Yahya, Odam Jr, Boseman and Cohen?

I think it will be Kaluuya or Stanfield (whichever goes supporting), Odom Jr. and then we will have Kaluuya (if he goes lead), Lindo, Boseman in lead, with Ahmed right on the outside. I’m also predicting Viola and Andra to get in lead actress as well. Plenty of opportunities.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

I really think they’re gonna snub Lindo. I see Hopkins, Oldman, Boseman, and Kaluuya (if he goes lead) as locks, and if Stanfield is placed lead instead of Kaluuya, then I think he’ll make it in. Lindo is fighting with Ahmed and Hanks for the last spot.

Profile picture
    Noe
    Topics:

Riz Ahmed is so getting the British Independent Film Award for Mogul Mowgli.

To join the nominations he can harvest for Sound of Metal, and also as a follow up to the splendor of his latest album The Long Goodbye.

My man is having a-year™.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Riz Ahmed is so getting the British Independent Film Award for Mogul Mowgli. To join the nominations he can harvest for Sound of Metal, and also as a follow up to the splendor of his latest album The Long Goodbye. My man is having a-year™.

The way he’ll do a Nicole Kidman in 2001 and get nominated for a different project at the BAFTAs from the one he gets nominated for at the Oscars lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

I have Kaluuya in my fifth slot but who knows Riz Ahmed has double edge narrative POC & Muslim.

WTF kind of comment is this? Coming out and saying shit like that doesn’t make you woke but definitely makes you bigoted. You people are so desperate to be woke you march right into the realms of extremely inappropriate.

So yes, let’s just ignore Ahmed’s talent and attribute his probable nomination to his ethnicity and religion.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

My feeling is, if Chadwick’s winning SAG, he’ll win the Oscar too. This is literally the last opportunity to reward him. That won’t go unnoticed.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.