Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 482 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
David
OccultCherry
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Anyway even if Boseman wins SAG (which I think will happen, but nothing guaranteed yet) Globe+BAFTA is a lethal combination and I’m thinking Hopkins wins those two.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Anyway even if Boseman wins SAG (which I think will happen, but nothing guaranteed yet) Globe+BAFTA is a lethal combination and I’m thinking Hopkins wins those two.

Idk I think Hopkins has the Bafta in the bag, but the Globe is still up in the air for grabs between the two. Netflix is gonna go all out for a campaign for Chad this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Hopkins wins the Globe he’s winning the Oscar. He may lose SAG but if he wins the Globe there’s no way he loses the BAFTA.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

If Hopkins wins the Globe he’s winning the Oscar. He may lose SAG but if he wins the Globe there’s no way he loses the BAFTA.

If Boseman wins the Globe I can see him winning the Oscar as well. Hopkins is only a lock for Bafta imo, but I won’t be too surprised if they just went ahead and awarded Chad the Bafta instead.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Just watched Minari. Steven Yeun’s role might be too limited to be competitive for a nomination in Lead Actor. I do think this would be the appropriate category for him to be placed in personally, but if he wants a better shot at scoring a nom, his people might want to campaign him for Supporting Actor. Minari is more of an ensemble film.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Boseman wins the Globe I can see him winning the Oscar as well. Hopkins is only a lock for Bafta imo, but I won’t be too surprised if they just went ahead and awarded Chad the Bafta instead.

Hmm I have a feeling you’re just trying to find stretches because you don’t want Hopkins to win (as you stated in your anyone but Hopkins post a few pages back). I mean I get the feeling and of course you can root for who you want but…

I HIGHLY doubt Chadwick wins the BAFTA (even if he wins the Oscar which I am in the minority of those who think he still could). To me Hopkins is locked there regardless because The Father is easily going to be the “British film of the year” BAFTA go all out for and in a time when the arts are under attack in the UK from the government I highly doubt topical BAFTA will pass over the opportunity to award the British film that has the best chances of winning Best Picture of any British film this year in as many categories they can. Especially a British film starring 4 time winner Olivia Colman and 3 time winner Anthony Hopkins.

The Oscar is up in the air but the BAFTA is a done deal to me. This at worst is a Carey Mulligan winning the BAFTA for An Education situation.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

If they’re doing this to give Chadwick a push in supporting for Da 5 Bloods (which seems very likely) wouldn’t it seem like a clearer path to victory for a posthumous victory in supporting?

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

Just watched Minari. Steven Yeun’s role might be too limited to be competitive for a nomination in Lead Actor. I do think this would be the appropriate category for him to be placed in personally, but if he wants a better shot at scoring a nom, his people might want to campaign him for Supporting Actor. Minari is more of an ensemble film.

I believe Yeun will go supporting, but it just hasn’t been confirmed.

One of those years where all the performances are flipflopping.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I believe Yeun will go supporting, but it just hasn’t been confirmed. One of those years where all the performances are flipflopping.

It’s already been confirmed that A24 is campaigning Yeun lead. And yes I’m totally on the boat of Yeun should be in supporting bc I’ve watched the film as well. His performance is great, but it won’t be enough to compete with the more showier roles in lead this year.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

If Netflix pulls a strong campaign and Chadwick ends up with double nominations, which I can totally see happening, then he’s winning in Supporting and not Lead.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

It’s already been confirmed that A24 is campaigning Yeun lead. And yes I’m totally on the boat of Yeun should be in supporting bc I’ve watched the film as well. His performance is great, but it won’t be enough to compete with the more showier roles in lead this year.

Looks like you’re right! Missed that.

Ooof.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

If Netflix pulls a strong campaign and Chadwick ends up with double nominations, which I can totally see happening, then he’s winning in Supporting and not Lead.

that is what im predicting at SAG. Not quite ready to predict at oscar.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

If they’re doing this to give Chadwick a push in supporting for Da 5 Bloods (which seems very likely) wouldn’t it seem like a clearer path to victory for a posthumous victory in supporting?

The role seems a bit small for that, but it is possible. That scene between him and Delroy Lindo was very powerful and could be his selling point for that role.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Come through, Chad! I’ve got faith in his lead campaign. He looked phenomenal in the trailer. Sorry, Sir Anthony!

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Come through, Chad! I’ve got faith in his lead campaign. He looked phenomenal in the trailer. Sorry, Sir Anthony!

Sir Anthony is just fine.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.