Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 482 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
David
OccultCherry
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Certainly feels like this category already has three secure noms: Oldman, Boseman and Hopkins.

The last two slots, we’ll just wait and see for the next 4 months or so.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Of all the takes and examples to give, this is among the most ridiculous. If we want to talk about his career outside Ma Rainey, why not mention 42, Get on Up or Marshall?

Maybe because I never saw these movies and can’t comment? I only commented on the one that I saw, that was laughably suggested as Oscar worthy, when it wasn’t even the best in Black Panther cast let alone one of the best in 2018. That’s all that is.

Mind you, he wans’t bad in BP, he simply had nothing to do. His dull as a dishwasher stoic character was only going through motions and reacting to things that happened to him, while much more interesting supporting cast carried the whole thing. They plus costume and Ludwig Goransson’s score.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

LOL Black Panther. he didn’t even get the best reviews, heck, his supporting cast was much more praised as standouts than he. Jordan, Wright, Gurira and even Duke’s extended cameo showstealing turn got more attention. Boseman was OK but his role was very boring.

I think the movie Black Panther was the problem, it was a boring movie and T`chala wasn’t as interesting as it was in civil war

Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

Don’t want to be pedantic, but DiCaprio did took lots of best-career raves and notices by many critics and people for OUATIH (lots of people even saying that he had the most complex and difficult role in the film and that it was even a better performance than the one in The Revenant), so he definitely wasn’t overshadowed by Pitt.

I also think he was the standout for OUATIH, all I meant was Pitt got more raves.

Certainly feels like this category already has three secure noms: Oldman, Boseman and Hopkins. The last two slots, we’ll just wait and see for the next 4 months or so.

Lindo seems safe to me atm, but Da 5 bloods as a whole is such a wild card; they might completely ignore it and they might embrace it. I hope he gets in.

They can definitely snub him, he’s most definitely not winning and let’s stop acting as if he was some kind of Academy darling… besides his reviews did not indicate an undeniable performance, even for a nom. I can see a Captain Phillips, Irishman, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained, The Grand Budapest (with Seyfried in), Spotlight, BlackKksman even 1917 (Seyfried in) scenario.

He’s respected by most actors, I specifically remember Christian Bale and Matt Damon raving about his Darkest hour performance last year when they were doing press for Ford v Ferrari. And he definitely got great reviews with most calling it one of the best of his career. Also the last 4 Fincher films got nominations for lead actor/actress. He’s definitely not winning but he’s not missing either.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

They can definitely snub him, he’s most definitely not winning and let’s stop acting as if he was some kind of Academy darling… besides his reviews did not indicate an undeniable performance, even for a nom. I can see a Captain Phillips, Irishman, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained, The Grand Budapest (with Seyfried in), Spotlight, BlackKksman even 1917 (Seyfried in) scenario.

Sideways, too. That one’s still an eyebrow raiser lol.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

God, I’m really rooting for Yeun & Ahmed to make it in 🙏🏾

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Certainly feels like this category already has three secure noms: Oldman, Boseman and Hopkins. The last two slots, we’ll just wait and see for the next 4 months or so.

Lindo’s spot is pretty secure too. He’ll likely be the single nominee for his film like Cranston, Mortenson, Dafoe, etc…

Kaluuya is a lock if he campaigns for Lead, but if he goes to Supporting the final spot is likely between Stanfield and Ahmad (and maybe Holland. I’m still waiting to see the reviews on that one).

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

You’re all probably right about Lindo. It’s just that I really want Yeun and Ahmed to make it this year.

Actually… my ideal lineup is Hopkins, Boseman, Lindo, Yeun and Ahmed. Imagine that

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

You’re all probably right about Lindo. It’s just that I really want Yeun and Ahmed to make it this year.

Actually… my ideal lineup is Hopkins, Boseman, Lindo, Yeun and Ahmed. Imagine that

Mine too. Imagine that.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

That would be an amazing lineup of nominees.

FYC: Evie the Cow for Best Supporting Actress

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

You’re all probably right about Lindo. It’s just that I really want Yeun and Ahmed to make it this year. Actually… my ideal lineup is Hopkins, Boseman, Lindo, Yeun and Ahmed. Imagine that

This would be the greatest lineup in a long time.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

So this category is either dead man or man on his deathbed? My money on dead man. After all he played Black Pushy and we know how much moolah it made.

This is very distasteful. I’d recommend deleting this.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

This is very distasteful. I’d recommend deleting this.

Just wait an hour or two, I’m sure the whole account will be deleted by then.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

It would be hilarious if Shia somehow made it in… Netflix is going hard for Kirby and Burstyn, and ngl PoaW trailer looked very Oscar baity to me (even though people say it’s a tough watch/inaccessible). Major Manchester on the Sea vibes.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.