Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 482 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
David
OccultCherry
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Do you all think Ma Rainey will have its 2 leads winning Best Actress and Best Actor? The last time it happened was almost 23 years ago.

I don’t think that’s happening. If they really want to honor the film they will go first with Viola who will give an impressive speech about who Boseman was. Was it Network the last time a posthumous nomination won in Lead?

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Really liked News of the World’s trailer. Not currently predicate Hanks, but he looks great, as does Zengel.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Why are you so confident about Delroy Lindo? Da 5 Bloods was released 10 months before the ceremony date and it wasn’t as acclaimed as Budapest Hotel or Get Out to be such an early contender.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Was it Network the last time a posthumous nomination won in Lead?

Yes. Peter Finch is the only actor to get a posthumous win in Lead.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I don’t think that’s happening. If they really want to honor the film they will go first with Viola who will give an impressive speech about who Boseman was. Was it Network the last time a posthumous nomination won in Lead?

Last nomination was Massimo Troisi for Il Postino in 1995. But Network was the last (and first) time at there was a posthumous win in Lead

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Anthony Hopkins announces he’s going to retire soon during voting then this race will become even more interesting.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

If Anthony Hopkins announces he’s going to retire soon during voting then this race will become even more interesting.

He better do this. It needs to happen.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Why did Netflix have to push Chadwick in Lead?! Instantly threw a wrench in 3 races smh.

rubbish

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Only way he can raises chances of being a lock for the win at this point. I can easily see the Academy awarding Chad for his work in Ma Rainey and his whole career. Also, to take in to account of what he was going through while filming most of these films as well. I mean clearly Hopkins is the frontrunner still, but if I had a vote and I took all of those things into account, my vote would easily go to Chad for the win.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Anthony Hopkins has multiple roles lined up so a retirement announcement is not going to happen

Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

“Supernova” looks so good. So heartfelt and tender.
    Firth and Tucci could land a nomination, I reckon. It has 80% in RT.
    I don’t know when it’s going to debut in the US.

FYC TV: Stateless | We Are Who We Are | Cate Blanchett in Stateless | Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You

FYC Movie: Boys In The Band | Toni Collette in I’m Thinking Of Ending Things | Jim Parsons in The Boys In The Band | Shailene Woodley in Endings, Beginnings | Zoey Deutch in Buffaloed | Sebastian Stan in Endings, Beginnings

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Netflix is being way too greedy and that’s going to bite them in the back. They clearly are trying to get Chadwick double nominations but if that doesn’t happen then his chances of winning got a damaged, and no need to mention Viola who’s also vulnerable now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Boseman I think might actually win for Da 5 Bloods in supporting. I don’t know why but it’s hard envisioning a posthumous performance winning Lead again and it’s not like Boseman did “nothing” in Da 5 Bloods.

Also I don’t see Netflix winning both Lead categories so either Frances or Carey or someone wins Actress and then Chadwick wins Actor or one of the Netflix ladies wins Actress and Hopkins wins Actor. At the moment I’m betting on the latter.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

But he did nothing in Da 5 Bloods.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I currently have Chadwick winning, but tweets like this have me very concerned.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.