Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 482 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
David
OccultCherry
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Netflix gunning for double nominations for Chadwick does not make much sense to me. They would be taking away a nomination spot in Supporting Actor potentially from one of their own Mank/Chicago 7 contenders who would be way more likely to win that category over Chadwick for Da 5 Bloods. If they insist on sacrificing an easy Supp. win for Chad in Ma Rainey for the sake of a Lead nom then they should stick with that and put all their money on him for a Lead win instead of just trying to get noms in both.

rubbish

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Tbh I don’t think he’ll make it in supporting. I mean he barely had any worthy material in the film excluding the scene with him and Lindo towards the end.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Are you actually saying Academy voters will hesitate to vote for Hopkins because he’s old and white? You know the last time a black man won this category was in 2006, and that only 4 black men have ever won this award? A decade of OscarsSoWhite has not kept the Academy from repeatedly shafting Black winners to Supporting categories while continuing to award White people in Lead.

That being said, I can see Chadwick winning. Yesterday I thought Hopkins was absolutely going to win between the 2, but I’m more receptive to arguments for Boseman winning now.

The lack of PoC winners in the lead categories is the reason why I think things will be different this year. Bozeman is a beloved, late actor and this is his last movie. People will want him to win.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Netflix gunning for double nominations for Chadwick does not make much sense to me. They would be taking away a nomination spot in Supporting Actor potentially from one of their own Mank/Chicago 7 contenders who would be way more likely to win that category over Chadwick for Da 5 Bloods. If they insist on sacrificing an easy Supp. win for Chad in Ma Rainey for the sake of a Lead nom then they should stick with that and put all their money on him for a Lead win instead of just trying to get noms in both.

THIS

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Ugh I’m so annoyed that A24 have confirmed they’re campaigning Steven in Lead. It’s far too crowded for him to make it this year. Supporting is wide open and he’d be securely in there, for now anyway.

Hoping Yeun gets the “critics darling” push – I was counting on “non-mainstream” awards and a big bunch of critics associations to go for Lindo’s campaign, but since Netflix has (basically) announced they will go full force for Boseman (and Oldman) I guess Yeun is actor who wins with a Lindo’s non-campaign.
    Ahmed could also be the one who wins with a Lindo’s lack of support from Netflix

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

And to think we were against category fraud not long ago.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but 2020 has really shocked me yet again: Sasha Baron Cohen for borat 2 maybe taking one of the spots? I no ay do I think he would win but this movie seems to be doing well critically

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but 2020 has really shocked me yet again: Sasha Baron Cohen for borat 2 maybe taking one of the spots? I no ay do I think he would win but this movie seems to be doing well critically

They didn’t nominate him the first time, they won’t do it now, especially cause he has a more Oscar friendly performance in play. He’s likely to win the Globe though.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

My October predictions:
    Chadwick Boseman
    Anthony Hopkins
    Delroy Lindo
    Gary Oldman
    Riz Ahmed

Bubbles:
    Colin Firth

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Updated Predictions

1. Anthony Hopkins, The Father
    2. Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    3. Gary Oldman, Mank
    4. Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
    5. Tom Hanks, News of the World

6. Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
    7. Sacha Barón Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    8. Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
    9. Eddie Redmayne, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    10. Jim Parsons, The Boys in the Band

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

They didn’t nominate him the first time, they won’t do it now, especially cause he has a more Oscar friendly performance in play. He’s likely to win the Globe though.

Agreed on all that but given the current political climate I was just wondering if this or him in the The Trial of the Chicago 7 is the one becuase I’m not sold on Hanks making the final lineup after watching the trailer for News of the World.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

CC: Hopkins & Boseman (tie/you know very well that’s how they’re gonna do it)

2018 Gaga vs Glenn teas.

Wonder who the Colman will be.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

2018 Gaga vs Glenn teas.

Wonder who the Colman will be.

If Lindo can Colman suprise his way to the oscar win I would be over the moon happy. Hell I think best actor will be one of the three (Hopkins/Lindo/Boseman)

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Updated Predictions

1. Anthony Hopkins, The Father
    2. Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    3. Gary Oldman, Mank
    4. Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
    5. Tom Hanks, News of the World

6. Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
    7. Sacha Barón Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    8. Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
    9. Eddie Redmayne, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    10. Jim Parsons, The Boys in the Band

Jim Parsons is outstanding in TBITB and in my world he would be nominated, but I’m afraid the reality is you’re overestimating his standing in this race.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.