Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
OccultCherry
  • Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

They have really only snubbed him once.

Captain Phillips, Sully and The Post.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

JDW…

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Please… Washington is even less likely than Ahmed/Yeun.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

Please… Washington is even less likely than Ahmed/Yeun.

What’s that supposed to mean? I guess the experts and everyone outside of Goldderby predicting Yeun and Ahmed are delusional?

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

What’s that supposed to mean? I guess the experts and everyone outside of Goldderby predicting Yeun and Ahmed are delusional?

? What? Who called them delusional? I myself am predicting Yeun at the moment, and have Ahmed at 6th. But I’m not stupid enough to think that they’re frontrunners for the nomination and know that their chances of making it are low.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

? What? Who called them delusional? I myself am predicting Yeun at the moment, and have Ahmed at 6th. But I’m not stupid enough to think that they’re frontrunners for the nomination and know that their chances of making it are low.

Oh sorry, you saying ‘even less likely than Ahmed/Yeun’ gave me that impression.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Updated predictions from nextbextpicture if you’re interested https://www.nextbestpicture.com/best-actor.html

Seeing Ahmed in almost all the predictions feels really good. Some even have him in fourth which is amazing.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Boseman
    Hopkins
    Oldman
    Lindo
    Ahmed

Alt Yeun/Kingsley Ben-Adir

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Hopkins
    Boseman
    Oldman
    Hanks
    Ben-Adir (or Kaluuya depending on J&TBM eligibility)

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

What?? So no one is going to predict Washington? It’s such a shame, the way Hollywood is trying to cram him down people’s throats at least warrants  nomination predictions.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

What?? So no one is going to predict Washington? It’s such a shame, the way Hollywood is trying to cram him down people’s throats at least warrants nomination predictions.

Its not that we aren’t acknowledging him, its just that the Best Actor race is so competitive right now as there’s essentially 8 to 9 other actors with more buzz than him at the moment. Its not that we are completely dismissing him, he just has a lot of hurdles to get through.

FYC Oscars: Soul (Best Picture, Original Screenplay, and Original Score), Delroy Lindo (Best Actor), Chadwick Boseman (Best Actor), Viola Davis (Best Actress), Paul Raci (Best Supporting Actor)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

WB is campaigning Affleck for The Way Back. His ceiling is likely SAG at best but I wonder what this means for the studios confidence / release for Judas

TheWayBack

lol i forgot that movie came out this year. I wouldn’t read anything into it.

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

As much as it pains me to say it because he’s such a great actor and we need better South Asian representation, Riz Ahmed will not get in. Maybe he could if he had one movie, but he’s got both Sound of Metal (the one which could theoretically get him a nomination) and Mogul Mowgli (the one he seems interested in promoting but which seems fairly inaccessible to American voters) and so could cancel himself out even if he was in the running. He might get in at the BAFTAs with the six person lineup and their comparatively greater embrace of South Asian focused films.

Moreover, unlike the Oscars so White movement which was about diversity in general, the current moment and reckoning we are having (thankfully) is about the specific struggles, discrimination and hatred that black people internationally face, so Ahmed won’t have the benefit of being elevated by the current social climate in the way that Patel was.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Captain Phillips, Sully and The Post.

And Saving Mr. Banks.

Profile picture
    Noe
    Topics:

As much as it pains me to say it because he’s such a great actor and we need better South Asian representation, Riz Ahmed will not get in. Maybe he could if he had one movie, but he’s got both Sound of Metal (the one which could theoretically get him a nomination) and Mogul Mowgli (the one he seems interested in promoting but which seems fairly inaccessible to American voters) and so could cancel himself out even if he was in the running. He might get in at the BAFTAs with the six person lineup and their comparatively greater embrace of South Asian focused films.

Riz is promoting now Mogul Mowgli because is his current one, just released, and the most personal to him, so he extra cares for the movie to be seen. But he has done quite some press for Sound of Metal earlier, and will go back to it later and with all. He and his team know what they have. It’s all about timing and the Oscars still are a long road to go.

Splitting votes won’t happen. All the attention will go to Sound of Metal. But he will win Actor at the BIFAs for Mogul Mowgli and might get multiple nominations there, as Debut Screenwriter and Breakthrough Producer too. I just know.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.