Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 471 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
OccultCherry
  • Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Don’t see JDW being nominated for anything this year. There’s nothing he can do in that film that would top the heavy hitters we have to be honest. People are only predicting Zendaya because the leading actress category is not that tight.

okay Raven Baxter

Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

Hehe.

What y’all got going on over here?

Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

I have no idea if Oldman is getting in but either way he has no chance of winning.

I think we all agree on that. It’s a two-horse race for the win, but it’s wider for the nomination, although I think we have a strong five in Boseman, Hopkins, Ahmed, Oldman and Lindo. Steven Yeun could get in, but he doesn’t have much screen time and he isn’t a big name, so unless Minari becomes a bigger contender (and by that I mean a contender for a picture win) I don’t see him beating Oldman, Lindo or Ahmed.

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

I think Ahmed, Boseman, Hopkins, and Oldman are safe. The last spot is between Lindo and Yeun, depending on whether Da 5 Bloods or Minari do the better campaigning for their respective actor. They’re both great performances but personally I hope it’s Yeun because of my Minari obsession.

Or maybe Hanks will be an upset, who knows.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Oldman is LOCKED. Boseman, Hopkins, Oldman are locks. Lindo is safe bet. Last spot up for grabs, probably Ahmed, maybe coattail Ben-Adir.

Who?

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Who?

Kingsley Ben-Adir. He’s the guy who plays Malcolm X in One Night in Miami…

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Oldman is not locked, Mank is poised to underperform and he’ll be collateral damage.

I see where you’re coming from, and I see no chance of Oldman winning, but unless Lindo/Ahmed/Yeun all get GREAT campaigns then Oldman is going to be a nominee. But if I had to bet on any one Mank actor, it would be Seyfried.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I see where you’re coming from, and I see no chance of Oldman winning, but unless Lindo/Ahmed/Yeun all get GREAT campaigns then Oldman is going to be a nominee. But if I had to bet on any one Mank actor, it would be Seyfried.

I was recently predicting Yeun, but it’s now looking pretty clear that he’s supporting which can definitely hurt him.

Anyway, can we please get Mads Mikkelsen in the prediction center? Sure he may not be the best bet, but he’s got a way better shot than some of the people actually in there, and we know he’s eligible.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

I see where you’re coming from, and I see no chance of Oldman winning, but unless Lindo/Ahmed/Yeun all get GREAT campaigns then Oldman is going to be a nominee. But if I had to bet on any one Mank actor, it would be Seyfried.

Ahmed has started great. And his film is gaing steam (Going for the audience ratings). Yeun is the question mark but if Mank continues to underperform, then he’ll be the first casuality

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 15 PREDICTIONS

1. Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    2. Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    3. Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)
    4. Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods)
    5. Gary Oldman (Mank)

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Boseman and Hopkins are locked. Ahmed, Lindo, and Oldman seem like likely nominees, and based on what I’m hearing Mikkelsen is the one person who could skew that up. I don’t think Yeun had enough to do in his film, so he just misses.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that Mikkelsen could steal Sacha Baron Cohen’s Comedy Globe

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Oldman will be lucky to get a Globe nod at this point. He feels more and more like this year’s DeNiro.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Oldman will be lucky to get a Globe nod at this point. He feels more and more like this year’s DeNiro.

It wasn’t until the Globes we realized DeNiro wasn’t happening. Let’s wait until the GG nominations.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.