Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 511 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Victor
John Berchmans
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel confident that Riz is in.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

With Mikkelsen it all reduces to the Golden Globes lol he benefits a lot from the fact that this year the Comedy/Musical Actor category is completly empty of Oscars contenders. Last year there were at least three (DiCaprio, Egerton, even Murphy), now there’s zero. If he gets nominated (still not sure), he can win, create momentum and maybe appear at BAFTAs with that extended slot.

If Mads gets in, I’d say there is quite a chance he could take it. I know I sound like a blind fanboy here repeating the same thing over and over again but I just can’t imagine someone watching the final scene of Another Round and not thinking “here we have THE actor in a comedy of 2020”. And as (I think) wolfali mentioned, the BAFTAs really seem to embrace Another Round. It’s definitely not impossible for him to sneak in there (especially with the expanded line-up) and make a case for an Oscar nomination. That being said, I still think that Lakeith Stanfield, Gary Oldman and Steven Yeun could be likelier candidates for that 5th spot due to their stronger movies. But I can see a world where Mikkelsen makes it in.

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

-----------------------------

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

JDW has no chance with those reviews. I don’t expect him to get in at any of the precursors either. The non-BP slot(s) in Best Actor is still between Ahmed and Lindo.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Dominique Fishback
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Chadwick Boseman
    Delroy Lindo
    Riz Ahmed
    Anthony Hopkins
    Kingsley Ben-Adir

Dear Gold Derby, please add Ibrahima Gueye to the prediction center 🙂

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Adarsh Gourav is revelation in the White Tiger. He would be a deserving nominee

Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Chadwick Boseman
    Delroy Lindo
    Riz Ahmed
    Anthony Hopkins
    Kingsley Ben-Adir

A thousand times YES!!

So far only seen Kingsley, but he was the stand out in movie.

Looking forward to watch more movies during yet again a new lockdown in my city. The Covid 19 mutation is more contagious and spreads quickly

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

It paints me to have to pick to root for between Yeun, Ben-Adir and Mikkelsen who were all so sensational. Also, watched Malcolm and Marie today and he JDW should definitely not be in the conversation at all. It’s more Levinson’s dialogue that is terrible, his performance is…fine. But nothing worth being in awards contention for.

FYC:

Picture - Minari, Nomadland, Another Round, Promising Young Woman
    Director - Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Thomas Vinterberg (Another Round), Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    Actor - Steven Yeun (Minari), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)
    Actress - Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman), Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    S. Actor - Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah), Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)
    S. Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Ok So I kinda made a ranking of who I think will be nominated and the 5 I think can get nominated and crash the party:
    1)Anthony Hopkins (Haven’t seen the movie but it just sounds reminds of the Two Popes situation where we all kinda figured the nom would happen since he always is great).
    2)Delroy Lindo (By now, you all know this is my pick to win it all and my fav performance of the year from the guys (supporting and leading) ).
    3)Gary Oldman (The lockiest-lock of the catagory).
    4)Chadwick Boseman (A sure thing in this catagory for sure. Supporting actor I’m not as confident)
    5)Riz Ahmed (I think he will get nomninated but has some competition for the nod from the ones below).

6)Tom Hanks (IF this is the year he is back in contention I’d be happy but at the same time he hasn’t been nominated in this catagory in a long time. Reviews are glowing for him though)
    7)Kinglsey Ben-Adir (He is a big question mark for me since he wasn’t my fav part of it BUT people seem to like him a lot in it)
    8)Steve Yeun (If he is as good as it it as the reviews say (the rotten tomatos one called him arresting which immediately got my attention since that is one I hadn’t heard used to describe a performance in awhile) I am all for it)
    9)Colin Firth (If he deleivers like I think he will, a nom is def. a possibility)
    10)Tom Holland (If he nailed it like the reviews seem to say, yeah we could see it)

Profile picture
    Noro.N
    Topics:

What are the chances Tom Hanks gets in due to his covid scare and Oldman gets shut out?

I’m not for Hanks btw, just curious about his chances.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

What are the chances Tom Hanks gets in due to his covid scare and Oldman gets shut out?

I think that was too long ago now to draw sentiment votes for it.

Profile picture
    Alexander
    Topics:

Apparently Ben Affleck has a good chance of getting a nomination. He runs the company, plus he is supported by the WB.

Profile picture
    Alexander
    Topics:

1. Hopkins

2. Boseman

3. Oldman

4. Mikkelsen

5. Affleck

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Apparently Ben Affleck has a good chance of getting a nomination. He runs the company, plus he is supported by the WB.

Doesn’t matter how much he pushes, he’s in the most competitive acting category, lacks passion, and hasn’t been taken seriously as an actor in years.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I think that was too long ago now to draw sentiment votes for it.

. It might though given everything going on

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Malcolm might be an insufferable character but JDW is absolutely brilliant. If Z gets in, I don’t see why he shouldn’t either.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.