Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 511 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
John Berchmans
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

What passion? He just got snubbed at both GG and SAG (by his fellow actors) even with Da 5 Bloods making Ensemble.

I’m passionate about Lindo. He, Ben-Adir, and Mikkelsen gave my favorite performances in this category this year.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

An actor can still get an Oscar nomination without Golden Globe or SAG nominations. In fact the backlash to those snubs could help Lindo, as will the Oscars’ number-one ballot ranking when it comes to nominations.

But he doesn’t have GG AND SAG nominations. What actors were nominated for Oscar without both GG and SAG noms?

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I’m passionate about Lindo. He, Ben-Adir, and Mikkelsen gave my favorite performances in this category this year.

I meant the industry. They are the ones voting but I hope he makes it if that’s any consolation.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Mark Ruffalo got snubbed by Golden Globe and SAG for Spotlight, even though they nominated that film for Ensemble and Supporting Actress for Rachel McAdams. And he still got an Oscar nomination.

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

Mark Ruffalo got snubbed by Golden Globe and SAG for Spotlight, even though they nominated that film for Ensemble and Supporting Actress for Rachel McAdams. And he still got an Oscar nomination.

That’s BSA category. I’m talking Best Actor. What actor got nominated for BA Oscar without GG and SAG noms?

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

That’s BSA category. I’m taking Best Actor. What actor got nominated for BA Oscar without GG and SAG noms?

Gary Oldman for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Bradley Cooper for American Sniper.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I meant the industry. They are the ones voting but I hope he makes it if that’s any consolation.

Yeah. All I’m saying is voters are human too, and Lindo’s performance is f*cking unbelievable. There’s definitely passion for him, but it might not amount to a nom–I agree.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Ruffalo still got in at BAFTA and he was in a stronger movie. Again, what are we talking about?

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

Cooper in American Sniper was in a USA!USA! patriotic type of movie from Eastwood, while Lindo is in a movie about Vietnam war and plays a Trump supporter. Oldman was in British prestigious adaptation of  Le Carre’s novel.

I mean you do understand that Lindo’s material is working against him, right?

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

I’ve seen The Mauritanian actually through Film Independent and I can assure everyone that if he ends up being a surprise nomination, Rahim will be a good and deserving choice (though I would put him behind Ahmed, Lindo and Yeun).

FYC:

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Oldman had BAFTA, which Lindo probably won’t have. Cooper was in a baity late breaker that became a strong contender after being a box office monster. Neither are comparable to Lindo.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Who’s getting nominated over Lindo? I don’t see it for Steven Yeun. I’ve seen no evidence that the Oscars are willing to nominate Asian actors.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Tom Hardy got an Oscar nomination without Golden Globe, BAFTA or SAG. Don’t give me any “that’s BSA” nonsense. Take it or leave it.

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

I think he’ll get in at CC and maybe BAFTA and it’ll be him vs. Yeun for the last spot. That’s the way I see it playing out.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

I think he’ll get in at CC and maybe BAFTA and it’ll be him vs. Yeun for the last spot. That’s the way I see it playing out.

I think between them it’ll be Lindo. Da 5 Bloods is likelier to do better overall than Minari and the Academy has a piss-poor track record with Asian actors.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.