Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
OccultCherry
wolfali
Philip
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Rahim is happening.

Over who?

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

As of right now I’m pretty torn between Yeun/Oldman/Rahim for the 4th and 5th spots. Right now I’ve got Yeun and Oldman, but Rahim’s performance (and The Mauritanian in general) is getting more steam and if he is able to garner a nomination I can’t tell quite yet if his spot will overtake Yeun or Oldman. I’m leaning towards Oldman losing the nom since Mank has really lost steam, whereas Minari has only been full steam ahead recently. I’m really keeping my eye on the odds these next few days…

And poor Delroy Lindo and Kingsley Ben-Adir… two performances which should have been lauded this year, but that I had a feeling from the start would never get enough traction. Alas!

Chadwick Boseman gives an Oscar worthy performance so I’m cool with his win – I just hope somehow, someway that Delroy Lindo at least gets a nomination. His conflicted Paul is everything acting is supposed to be and then some. Lindo was stunning in Da 5 Bloods.

Profile picture
    L@br@dor
    Topics:

The THR actors round table was really good

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

The winner is known. It’s going to be a sweep and even if BAFTA goes for Ahmed or Hopkins, Chadwick is winning.

So real story are the nominees. That’s where everything is in the flux. Literally any combination of Chadwick + 4 can happen. Exciting no?

I’m confident in Hopkins and Ahmed but the next 2 can be anyone. Rooting for Yeun to make the cut.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Over who?

Bye Yeun (or Oldman)!

The passion is just getting real. I hope Rahim snatch that fifth spot and get some critics prize at the end of thia year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Rahim is happening.

Possibly. The Mauritanian might be one of those late surge contenders that over performs.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I  watched ONIM and Kingsley just blew my mind away with that performance, how is he not getting nominated  for anything, before watching the film, I thought it was because of the limited screen time but after watching the film he’s undeniably lead, it’s a travesty he’s not getting the attention he deserves. My predictions in order of my preference

Kingsley Ben Adir

Riz Ahmed

Steven Yeun

Chadwick Boseman

Delroy Lindo
    I am yet to watch The Mauritanian

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

Possibly. The Mauritanian might be one of those late surge contenders that over performs.

I was just coming here to say this. After Foster’s win, I bet a lot of people are going to be checking out the Mauritanian that wouldn’t have bothered before, and literally everyone I’ve encountered who’s seen it says he’s the real takeaway from the movie, so we have to imagine he’ll be getting at least a few votes.

PS it’s such a shame that Lindo’s chances seem to be getting smaller and smaller. He seemed like a lock at the beginning of the season and now probably won’t even get nominated. Personally he’s my top performance of the year, and I don’t understand how he’s not doing better.

Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.