Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Naiad_Lyne
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Amazing to see Steven Yeun get in!

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

In the last decade, all the best actor winners come from a best picture nominee. See if this trend would be broken.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

It’s really unfortunate that the best performance won’t win and will lose to death – Riz Ahmed deserves to win, with Steven Yeun in 2nd (Tahar Rahim ought to have been nominated). Boseman will win it, solely because he died imo, not based on merit. This was one of the few categories I predicted all 5 nominees correctly.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s really unfortunate that the best performance won’t win and will lose to death – Riz Ahmed deserves to win, with Steven Yeun in 2nd (Tahar Rahim ought to have been nominated). Boseman will win it, solely because he died imo, not based on merit. This was one of the few categories I predicted all 5 nominees correctly.

Shitting on Chadwick isn’t gonna make Riz win remember that 💋

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Rahim was never an option for me. I don’t think the Globes has ever went 5/5 for both drama actor and drama actress.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Rahim always felt like a Globes and BAFTA thing, i moved him up after BAFTA but dropped right after for the consensus 5 from SAG.

Mikkelsen was 6th

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

In the last decade, all the best actor winners come from a best picture nominee. See if this trend would be broken.

It will be broken, Chadwick narrative is very strong

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

You sound like Ocultcherry

Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:

Very much agreed. This is an award for being dead, I feel. Very upsetting and looks terrible on the Academy’s part. But the backlash and bullshit racism allegations would’ve been overpowering had be been snubbed/not win.

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Official Leading Actor nominees:

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Got 5/5 here. Damn I wish Riz had a chance. The Academy really loves Sound of Metal across the board so anything is possible.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

Riz Ahmed would be a great Best Actor winner. And those nominations look great for his….unnecessary campaign because nobody else has a chance.

Glad they got Raci, Picture and Screenplay too.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Well I was right that the 5th spot would be Yeun or Stanfield. Except that they both got 5th spots in different categories. But the Best Actor/Best Picture connection is strong. In fact, this is the first year since 2013 I think that all 5 nominees were in Best Picture nominees.

And I also totally called The Mauritanian bombing. It was obvious that it only had support with the British block, which makes up a negligible minority in the academy. American voters hated it and never gave it a single nomination.

Edit: I forgot about Ma Rainey missing Best Picture, so it’s still 4/5 like I predicted. I’d still be shocked if Boseman missed the win, he’ll probably pull a Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart. He has so much passion, and he’s already won Globe and Critic’s Choice: it’s basically impossible for him to lose even with Ma Rainey’s underperformance.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

5/5! Incredibly sad for Delroy Lindo.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.