Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Naiad_Lyne
wolfali
SN
  • Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Don’t take Clayton Davis predictions seriously.

😭 the rest of his predictions are pretty normal tho but yeah, the 5th spot is now a struggle here lol and I don’t think BAFTA will help much

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

DeNiro didn’t get GG, SAG or BAFTA noms for the Irishman. Oldman got GG and SAG noms, and 99.9% getting BAFTA nom.

But yeah Oldman is tots like DeNiro🤪.

and people never miss if they ever hit precursors!

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Just watched The Hollywood Reporter Actors Roundtable, that was quite a nice actually.

FYC:

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

😭 the rest of his predictions are pretty normal tho but yeah, the 5th spot is now a struggle here lol and I don’t think BAFTA will help much

He has News of the World in 4th, Sound of Metal in 7th, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom in 10th, and Mank in 12th…

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

and people never miss if they ever hit precursors!

Yeah, if people hit all 4 major precursors, and are not in some kind of sci-fi genre film, they don’t miss.😝

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Variety is now predicting Mads Mikkelsen at the Oscars 😭 they don’t justify their pick very well, but I hope that it’s because they’re hearing stuff from voters 🙏

Variety’s picks for Best Actor:

1. Boseman

2. Hopkins

3. Ahmed

4. Yeun

5. Mikkelsen

Manifesting a potential Oldman snub 🙏🏾

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Rowan
    Topics:

Yeah, if people hit all 4 major precursors, and are not in some kind of sci-fi genre film, they don’t miss.😝

I know this is about Amy Adams but another recent example of this kind of snub is Timothee Chalamet, who missed after hitting the big four in Beautiful Boy – granted, the movie was not good, but never discount the possibility of something unusual happening. There are exceptions to every Oscars rule.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

My villain origin story is Kingsley Ben-Adir getting snubbed across the board while One Night in Miami racks up Best Picture nominations.

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

I know this is about Amy Adams but another recent example of this kind of snub is Timothee Chalamet, who missed after hitting the big four in Beautiful Boy – granted, the movie was not good, but never discount the possibility of something unusual happening. There are exceptions to every Oscars rule.

Chalamet was a sole nomination from his movie and his movie had zero chances of getting into BP Oscar noms. So him missing was not unusual. That’s clearly not the situation with Oldman and his movie.

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Just watched The Mauritanian. Tahar Rahim gave an Oscar calibre performance. I thought he deserves the 5th spot. I wouldn’t be surprised if ever he sneak in.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Chalamet was a filler nominee. That’s all he ever was.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Rahim will get in and it’s something I am feeling more confident about with each passing day.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

I think Rahim will get in and it’s something I am feeling more confident about with each passing day.

You have my support. He’s unforgettable. He has that 3 scenes that scream Oscar.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Supernova deserved more love. Both actors 🙁 so sad

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If you think Clayton Davis is bad, take a look at Feinberg’s predictions. He has Ben Affleck in Best Actor and Sophia Loren instead of Andra Day.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.