Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Woody
Lady Jane Grey
Philip
  • Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Jason I watched your videos on YouTube a lot, like a lot. Nice work.

Hey Monty! Thank you SO Much! That is very kind of you. It was fun to do the Anthony Hopkins tribute because I haven’t posted videos on there for a while because of my other job. But you give me motivation to keep going 🙂

Do you have any hopeful favorites this year that would make you feel instant joy?? Mine obviously is Anthony Hopkins. But I would say Minari winning Best Picture, Mulligan in Actress and The Father again winning Editing — I know I sound like a fanboy, but if you see The Father my Gosh, the editing is simply amazing! I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who has not seen the film.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    17K Subscribers, 33 Million Views

FYC: Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

Hey Monty! Thank you SO Much! That is very kind of you. It was fun to do the Anthony Hopkins tribute because I haven’t posted videos on there for a while because of my other job. But you give me motivation to keep going 🙂

Do you have any hopeful favorites this year that would make you feel instant joy?? Mine obviously is Anthony Hopkins. But I would say Minari winning Best Picture, Mulligan in Actress and The Father again winning Editing — I know I sound like a fanboy, but if you see The Father my Gosh, the editing is simply amazing! I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who has not seen the film.

Same. I love Hopkins’ performance and love him as a person. Hopkins winning would be my happiest surprise since Mark Rylance for Bridge of Spies (in my pro pic obviously).

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

I’m still pretty sure Boseman is winning Oscar . BAFTA did its own British thing by awarding a Brit.

Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

I liken Hopkins win to when Denzel Washington won for Fences at the Sags in 2017. It was a nice break from the formulaic structure of the category sweep but had no lasting effects on Casey Affleck winning. I persoanlly am one who thought Boseman was razzie worthy in Ma Rainey. I absolutely loved Hopkins heartbreaker of a performance, but in no shape way or form will Boseman lose. His narrative is just so big and unbeatable which is unfortunate because Hopkins deserves a second Oscar.

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Anthony won coz its the BRITISH academy lol. Boseman is not losing the Oscar. No chance. Anyone wanna make an actual bet? Paypal or cashapp?

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

@Miguel: Anthony Hopkins did not win because its the British Academy. Jamie Foxx won for Ray, if you recall. Joaquin for Joker. Hopkins won because people saw the work. That is not a throw-away trophy. I know art is subjective, but if you haven’t seen The Father, watch it and form your own opinion on the ART.

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Same. I love Hopkins’ performance and love him as a person. Hopkins winning would be my happiest surprise since Mark Rylance for Bridge of Spies (in my pro pic obviously).

I remember watching the 2011-12 Oscars. I was so sure Viola had it, and she was great in The Help but I just wanted Meryl to win so badly. I was SHAMED by a popular journalist for even thinking Streep was going to prevail. I didn’t think she would, and when her name was called by Colin Firth – I never felt so much happiness. I bet you had that same feeling perhaps, with Mark Rylance.

One of the coolest things about the Oscars, award shows, sports- is that this is a place where WE are actually ROOTING for someone ELSE’s success! Not our own. That’s how I see it anyways.

For those doubting Anthony Hopkins. For those doubting Carey Mulligan. For those doubting Sound of Metal. You never know until the envelope opens. Wishful thinking can go beyond the walls to actual Reality.

For any academy voters reading this—– If you truly want Chadwick to win, vote for him. If you truly want Hopkins to take the gold, check that box. If Andra Day did wonders for you as Billie Holiday, give her a shot. Don’t think about politics. Don’t think about what Twitter will say. Don’t think about if said person is due. Actually reminisce about your experience watching the films. Enjoying the story being told to you. The actor who is transforming before your eyes, into someone else. There’s a reason Olivia Colman won. There’s a reason Moonlight won.

Vote with your hearts.

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

@Miguel: Anthony Hopkins did not win because its the British Academy. Jamie Foxx won for Ray, if you recall. Joaquin for Joker. Hopkins won because people saw the work. That is not a throw-away trophy. I know art is subjective, but if you haven’t seen The Father, watch it and form your own opinion on the ART.

Yes he did lol same reason Chiwetel Ejiofor won and Colin Firth for A Single Man….

Profile picture
    Yiploo
    Topics:

Chiwetel won because Matthew was not nominated at the BAFTAs; Colin won because he outacted Jeff, thank you very much! And it was the Americans who overlooked that and went out of their way to give Jeff his career Oscar, even though Jeff Bridges’ win is arguably one of the weakest in the last two decades.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Two-Time Academy Award Winner Viola Davis.

Profile picture
    Yiploo
    Topics:

Year 2010 had the weakest leading actor winning performances combo of this century, Jeff and Sandra; while having the strongest supporting actor winners – Waltz and Monique! It’s quite ironically funny how those two supporting winners completely outshined the leading winners.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Two-Time Academy Award Winner Viola Davis.

Profile picture
    asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

Don’t remind me about that Sandra win for her pathetic role yikes Let’s leave 201o forever pls

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

So much sympathy narrative for Hopkins to win in the end for an award he doesn’t even want lol

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Hopkins deserved his win at Bafta, and I hope he wins the Oscar. Imo, Boseman’s performance keep getting cringy for each viewing. Forgive me god…

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Year 2010 had the weakest leading actor winning performances combo of this century, Jeff and Sandra; while having the strongest supporting actor winners – Waltz and Monique! It’s quite ironically funny how those two supporting winners completely outshined the leading winners.

To the extent where both Waltz & Monique won Actor & Actress of the Year at the London Film Critics Circle Awards

London

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

When was the last time non-British black actor won in Lead at BAFTAs? BAFTA’s track record with this is not particularly stellar.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.