Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Woody
Lady Jane Grey
Philip
  • Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Welcome back hun. We missed you. The Viola stans about to be shooked.

ermmmm… kinda shocked at the number of people who are predicting viola for actress because there’s no way in HELL that meh rainey’s bland boredom is going to win TWO lead acting oscars without a picture, director or screenplay nom.

anyways the father is a certified SMASH and hopKING is coming to upset à la olivia ‘the queen’ colman

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Some of you are setting yourself up for drags with this level of cockiness. Boseman can still easily beat Hopkins.

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Look. In my opinion the two best lead actor performances this year were Ahmed and Hopkins. By a mile. Their depictions of deafness and dementia and the range of emotions that comes along with them really sets their performances apart from everything else.

But Boseman is going to win for what is still a respectable performance and a posthumous legacy. I see no other option here that makes sense, to be honest.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

But Boseman is going to win for what is still a respectable performance and a posthumous legacy. I see no other option here that makes sense, to be honest.

I do. Anthony Hopkins for the gold.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    17K Subscribers, 33 Million Views

FYC: Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:

Look. In my opinion the two best lead actor performances this year were Ahmed and Hopkins. By a mile. Their depictions of deafness and dementia and the range of emotions that comes along with them really sets their performances apart from everything else.

You just listed your two best lead actor performances of the year, none of which were Boseman, but you can’t see any other option which makes sense? Huh?

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

I’m still predicting Boseman. I just suspect that the sentiment in Hollywood will carry the day for him but I can’t deny that it is very tempting (and possible) that Hopkins might get a last minute surge.

I just don’t see how anyone can watch that performance and not be wowed by it.

Hopkins and Ahmed are easily the two strongest performances in this category. Yeun is a comfortable third.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.