Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
David
Dan Backslide
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Unless his performance isn’t as stellar as the trailer made it out to be, I am team Kaluuya all the way. If the movie comes out in February — so, during BHM — whew, he might be even more undeniable. I cannot wait for him to deliver.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I’ve literally seen people on twitter claiming that Hopkins is ‘overdue’ for another Oscar which is just a bizarre statement to even say imo. He definitely deserves another Oscar before he retires, but he is definitely not ‘overdue’. Also, the fact that some people trying to claim that Kaluuya will struggle to get a nom is beyond me. He is not in the same boat as Kirby. He is a previous nominee who is arguably playing the most baity role this year in an iconic activist, so idk why some people are just trying to write him off like he has absolutely no chance when we haven’t even seen his performance yet. It’s too early to tell who is going to sweep or even win when we haven’t seen all the contenders for the season.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

so idk why some people are just trying to write him off like he has absolutely no chance when we haven’t even seen his performance yet. It’s too early to tell who is going to sweep or even win when we haven’t seen all the contenders for the season.

This applies to every contender yet to be seen in the Actress race as well except I don’t understand why people are trying to write them off when it’s way too early to tell who is going to sweep or even win there.

I haven’t seen anyone write Kaluuya off apart from maybe one person.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Lj
    Topics:

I’ve literally seen people on twitter claiming that Hopkins is ‘overdue’ for another Oscar which is just a bizarre statement to even say imo. He definitely deserves another Oscar before he retires, but he is definitely not ‘overdue’. Also, the fact that some people trying to claim that Kaluuya will struggle to get a nom is beyond me. He is not in the same boat as Kirby. He is a previous nominee who is arguably playing the most baity role this year in an iconic activist, so idk why some people are just trying to write him off like he has absolutely no chance when we haven’t even seen his performance yet. It’s too early to tell who is going to sweep or even win when we haven’t seen all the contenders for the season.

EXACTLYYYY!!! I couldn’t have said it any better!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve literally seen people on twitter claiming that Hopkins is ‘overdue’ for another Oscar which is just a bizarre statement to even say imo.

How is it bizarre? I mean Hopkins is genuinely considered to be one of the greatest actors of all time and hasn’t won an Oscar in 30 years. And this might be his final chance to win an Oscar. Kaluuya might have plenty of chances to get nominated and win to come as another user stated.

I’m rooting for Hopkins and I honestly will be just as over the moon if Kaluuya wins but I really don’t like it on here when people start to hate on other people’s favourites and say their line of thinking of someone wanting to win is bizarre just because they don’t want to see them win. This doesn’t only happen on the film side because every year at the Emmys a lot of users try to slag off certain shows and claim they’re bad or Razzie worthy just because they don’t want to see them win.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

How is it bizarre? I mean Hopkins is genuinely considered to be one of the greatest actors of all time and hasn’t won an Oscar in 30 years. And this might be his final chance to win an Oscar. Kaluuya might have plenty of chances to get nominated and win to come as another user stated. I’m rooting for Hopkins and I honestly will be just as over the moon if Kaluuya wins but I really don’t like it on here when people start to hate on other people’s favourites and say their line of thinking of someone wanting to win is bizarre just because they don’t want to see them win. This doesn’t only happen on the film side because every year at the Emmys a lot of users try to slag off certain shows and claim they’re bad or Razzie worthy just because they don’t want to see them win.

Nobody is hating on other people’s favorites lmao. I literally mentioned Kaluuya having a chance to win and then like 4 different users come on here saying he either has no chance against Hopkins or he will struggle to even get nominated. And yes, it’s a stretch to say Hopkins is “overdue”. I already said I want to see him win and I think he deserves a second before he retires, but he is not “overdue” by any means.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Can’t everyone just agree that they both are likely to win and we’ll be happy for the person who does.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

That isn’t possible since any mention of a potential Kaluuya win is met with doubtful responses from people who want Hopkins to win. The other way around, of course, isn’t tolerated. But yes, both stand an incredibly good chance, with Hopkins out in front atm since his movie has been seen and his performance universally raved.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That isn’t possible since any mention of a potential Kaluuya win is met with doubtful responses from people who want Hopkins to win. The other way around, of course, isn’t tolerated. But yes, both stand an incredibly good choice, with Hopkins out in front atm since his movie has been seen and his performance universally raved.

Well then nothing is possible on here. Any mention of a Kirby or McDormand win is always met with doubt from Davis supporters but I don’t see anyone calling that out.

We can all move on from this situation by just saying that both Hopkins and Kaluuya stand a chance at winning and that Adams, Davis, Kirby and McDormand all also stand a chance of winning.

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

Anyway… here’s hoping he gets nominated

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rooting for him to get his dues! Funny how in the pandemic we’re seriously considering him. When I posted a few months ago about the possibility of him getting nominated people said his film was too indie but now a majority have him 5th/6th!

Honestly it would be awesome if he won.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

Scott Feinberg has done an awards contenders roundtable this week with :

– Riz Ahmed
    – Rachel Brosnahan
    – Julia Garner
    – Vanessa Kirby
    – Elisabeth Moss
    – Carey Mulligan
    – Andy Samberg
    – Winston Duke

The amount of crow people will eat when Ahmed, Kirby and Mulligan get in lol.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Riz has put in a decade’s worth of stellar performances for this moment. The Academy better not try it! Too bad he didn’t write an original song 😭

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/mads-mikkelsen-comedy-another-round-best-film-bfi-london-film-festival-1234599413/

I have a feeling Mikkelsen can happen.

Yup. I would have him in fifth right now if I could. Someone should add him to the prediction center.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.