Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
David
Dan Backslide
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

The amount of crow people will eat when Ahmed, Kirby and Mulligan get in lol.

There’s a post from you in another thread where you call out someone for using ‘lol’ to mock your opinion. Why is it OK for you to do it to other people?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There’s a post from you in another thread where you call out someone for using ‘lol’ to mock your opinion. Why is it OK for you to do it to other people?

I’m not using it to mock someone’s opinion here. I put lol at the end of my post to insinuate how flippant a comment it was. The other post was a response to an opinion of mine that started with ‘lol’ from someone who regularly mocks my opinion on here when I come up with long shot predictions.

They are far from the same thing.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I’m not using it to mock someone’s opinion here.

I would say that ‘the amount of crow people are going to eat lol’ would say that you are, given the implication of ‘I was right and they were wrong’. But I’m not looking to get into a lengthy discussion about it.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

And neither was I. It’s just a way of expressing thoughts. You just see everything as an attack.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And neither was I. It’s just a way of expressing thoughts. You just see everything as an attack.

Anyone in my position seeing someone directly respond to my comment by putting LOL at the beginning of their sentence could have easily seen it as someone mocking an opinion. Especially considering how many times you have mocked my opinion such as when I said “one day Academy Award winner Vanessa Kirby will have a nice ring to it” and you said “guess what’s not going to ring then” or whenever I post a long shot prediction you accuse me of “hope-dicting”.

But anyway I don’t want to go into gymnastics around the “intention” of your post and how I apparently “see everything as an attack”. You could have just said sorry but this is a Best Actor to thread not a let’s fight over our interpretations thread.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Some users are able to spot sarcasm and/or jokes — which my Kirby comment (as I said in the actual comment) was. The only person I have accused of “hope-dicting” is myself. But let’s just honestly put this aside and move on. It’s ridiculous to take up space at this point, and that’s also a call on you to stop writing novel-length responses in which you criticize others’ behavior here. It’s unnecessary. Just have a bit fun with it all 🙂

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

and that’s also a call on you to stop writing novel-length responses in which you criticize others’ behavior here.

I’m sorry but you just went on a rant about how ‘hypocritical’ stans of Anthony Hopkins are when someone suggests he has no chance on here and how it’s “impossible” for people to move on and consider the possibility of both Kaluuya and Hopkins winning because of fans of Hopkins.

I mean I’m a fan of neither but I don’t think you can give me a lecture on this when you’ve literally done (what you have called me out for doing) on the previous page of this thread.

This is getting messy let’s just end it here.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I never saw Driver to be honest. Don’t get me wrong I thought he was great but Phoenix felt too big to ignore.

That’s how I felt too. I always knew Driver had a chance but it was clear to me that the Globes were going to go for Phoenix, especially since Joker overperformed in nominations there and Marriage Story underperformed.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

That’s how I felt too. I always knew Driver had a chance but it was clear to me that the Globes were going to go for Phoenix, especially since Joker overperformed in nominations there and Marriage Story underperformed.

Calling Marriage Story’s globes nominations an underperformance is an overstatement. They only missed in Director and had more nominations than any other film that year.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Marriage Story got more Golden Globe nominations than Joker or any other Drama. Sure they were always likely to opt for Phoenix but MS in no way underperformed in terms of nominations.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/oct/18/another-round-wins-top-award-london-film-festival

Another Round won the Best Film award at the LFF. Admittedly, the circumstances were odd (films such as Nomadland were ineligible becuse of no digital screening). Regardless, I am posting this here because I am beginning to think there’s a play Mads could have for a Best Actor nomination.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/oct/18/another-round-wins-top-award-london-film-festival Another Round won the Best Film award at the LFF. Admittedly, the circumstances were odd (films such as Nomadland were ineligible becuse of no digital screening). Regardless, I am posting this here because I am beginning to think there’s a play Mads could have for a Best Actor nomination.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Marriage Story got more Golden Globe nominations than Joker or any other Drama. Sure they were always likely to opt for Phoenix but MS in no way underperformed in terms of nominations.

All these people trying to pretend like they were on the Phoenix bandwagon all along lol We remember who was acting like Driver was gonna sweep.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

All these people trying to pretend like they were on the Phoenix bandwagon all along lol We remember who was acting like Driver was gonna sweep.

Lol I was predicting Phoenix from the beginning though. Like as soon as the predictions centre opened I predicted him and didn’t change it once (although I felt weird that year because I felt overly confident in my predictions for the Globe wins when some of them in hindsight were really wrong although I did predict Actor from the very beginning for the third time in a row).

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 6 PREDICTIONS

Best Actor

1. Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods)
    2. Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    3. Gary Oldman (Mank)
    4. Sacha Baron Cohen (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    5. Kingsley Ben-Adir (One Night in Miami)
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.