Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
David
Dan Backslide
  • Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Yes. The trailer came out this morning. It’s being released on Prime on October 23, so the film will be eligible for the 93rd Oscars.

That’s a surprise. Reminds me of the 10 Cloverfield Lane reveal. You don’t get surprise movie reveals that often anymore.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Campaigning for an acting Oscar nomination with Borat 2 would be a waste of time lol.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Campaigning for an acting Oscar nomination with Borat 2 would be a waste of time lol.

It really would, especially since Cohen has such a good chance of being nominated for Chicago 7.

FYC Oscars: David Fincher (Best Director), Gary Oldman (Best Actor), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Best Actor and Actress), Mark Rylance (Best Supporting Actor), Soul (Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

At this point Hopkins, Oldman and Kaluuya(if he is campaigning lead) are locks. If Sacha Baron Cohen goes lead I think he still has a high chance of getting in (unlike Redmayne), especially with the added buzz of Borat 2. Kingsley Ben-Adir also has a good chance if he goes lead.
    If Dune is a big hit I can see Chalamet getting in. The Willem Dafoe(At Eternity’s Gate) -Denzel Washington(Roman J. Israel Esq.) is Joaquin Phoenix who is playing someone with bipolar disorder.
    Delroy Lindo only gets in if Da 5 Bloods will remain relevant during the seasons, which I have a feeling it won’t.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

At this point Hopkins, Oldman and Kaluuya(if he is campaigning lead) are locks. If Sacha Baron Cohen goes lead I think he still has a high chance of getting in (unlike Redmayne), especially with the added buzz of Borat 2. Kingsley Ben-Adir also has a good chance if he goes lead. If Dune is a big hit I can see Chalamet getting in. The Willem Dafoe(At Eternity’s Gate) -Denzel Washington(Roman J. Israel Esq.) is Joaquin Phoenix who is playing someone with bipolar disorder. Delroy Lindo only gets in if Da 5 Bloods will remain relevant during the seasons, which I have a feeling it won’t.

No way Chalamet is getting in for ‘Dune’ even if it is a big hit. I know Hanks has a knack for getting snubbed almost every year exluding last year, but I feel you guys are underestimating him to an extent. I doubt ‘C’mon C’mon’ releases this year bc I have heard zero things about it. A24 is prob gonna push that to next year. I like Lindo’s chances over SBC and Ben-Adir, I think those two will do better in supporting rather than in lead.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Chalamet is not getting in.

I think Tom’s (Hanks) chances are really good. Last year he managed to get in after his nominations drought so the Academy seems open to award him again. I don’t think he is winning this year but a nomination could set better his chances for Elvis.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I highly doubt Joaquin is getting a nomination this soon after his win. I’m sure he’ll be great in the film, but his performance I think will either not have enough buzz, or be too underground.

FYC Oscars: David Fincher (Best Director), Gary Oldman (Best Actor), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Best Actor and Actress), Mark Rylance (Best Supporting Actor), Soul (Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I highly doubt Joaquin is getting a nomination this soon after his win. I’m sure he’ll be great in the film, but his performance I think will either not have enough buzz, or be too underground.

Getting nominations right after winning is not that uncommon,  I don’t think he would have a problem if he delivers and A24 pulls off a great campaign. That being said, I’m not counting on A24 and this is probably not releasing for this season.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I don’t think Pheonix’s film is even releasing this year. But if it does, it will fly under the radar.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

SBC is very obviously going to campaigned for in lead. He is consistently being singled out in headlines, he has top billing, and his character was very clearly posited as a leader in the context of the story. It won’t be category fraud either. Very few movies are true ensembles anyway.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

At this point Hopkins, Oldman and Kaluuya(if he is campaigning lead) are locks. If Sacha Baron Cohen goes lead I think he still has a high chance of getting in (unlike Redmayne), especially with the added buzz of Borat 2. Kingsley Ben-Adir also has a good chance if he goes lead.
    If Dune is a big hit I can see Chalamet getting in. The Willem Dafoe(At Eternity’s Gate) -Denzel Washington(Roman J. Israel Esq.) is Joaquin Phoenix who is playing someone with bipolar disorder.
    Delroy Lindo only gets in if Da 5 Bloods will remain relevant during the seasons, which I have a feeling it won’t.

Kaluuya is not a lock in October, especially since no one has seen his movie yet.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Kaluuya is not a lock in October, especially since no one has seen his movie yet.

I like his chances than most of the people on this list. He’s a previous nominee at all the precursors which has him on everybody’s radar. Plus this time he’s playing a real baity role on an iconic electrifying activist.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol imagine people on here when Hopkins wins…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Lol imagine people on here when Hopkins wins…

I feel like the Academy is finally going to do the right thing and finally give Kaluuya his Oscar after being snubbed year after year. (I’m joking)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like the Academy is finally going to do the right thing and finally give Kaluuya his Oscar after being snubbed year after year.

I think he could suffer from slap the stud syndrome. Not saying he won’t win but when Anthony Hopkins is apparently delivering his career defining performance in a film that’s guaranteed for another acting nod and at the moment seems like top 6 in Best Picture…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.