Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 501 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
David
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I think he could suffer from slap the stud syndrome. Not saying he won’t win but when Anthony Hopkins is apparently delivering his career defining performance in a film that’s guaranteed for another acting nod and at the moment seems like top 6 in Best Picture…

Yea he definitely could, especially considering he broke through like three years ago. I think it all depends on how JATBM is recieved, if it’s a top 5 contender for bp (which I think it can be), then I can see them favoring Kaluuya more, especially since Hopkins has one already. Then the political climate our country is in right now can be another factor into not just this race, but all of the races as well.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I think [Kaluuya] could suffer from slap the stud syndrome.

Slap the stud only really applies when the role in question specifically capitalises on sex appeal. Kaluuya’s not exactly uglifying himself to play Fred Hampton but the role is big and “important” enough to sweep male insecurity aside, I think.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Slap the stud only really applies when the role in question specifically capitalises on sex appeal. Kaluuya’s not exactly uglifying himself to play Fred Hampton but the role is big and “important” enough to sweep male insecurity aside, I think.

I heard he put on a significant amount of weight for this. This is def my most anticipated performance for this season.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Here r my predictions in the order of what I think is more likely to least likely to win just based on the movie and how great they should be fr those that aren’t out yet:
    Boseman – I think he will be the one to beat and a lock for a nom.
    Lindo – A very close second and a lock for a nom
    Hopkins – The legend himself and a lock for a nom
    Oldman – I feel like he is a lock too
    Hanks – I mean it sounds that good……lock for a nom not as sure

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Boseman is not likely to be campaigned in Lead. Even if he is Lead, he’ll be frauded into Supporting (like Murray) so he has a better chance at a win.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Here r my predictions in the order of what I think is more likely to least likely to win just based on the movie and how great they should be fr those that aren’t out yet: Boseman – I think he will be the one to beat and a lock for a nom. Lindo – A very close second and a lock for a nom Hopkins – The legend himself and a lock for a nom Oldman – I feel like he is a lock too Hanks – I mean it sounds that good……lock for a nom not as sure

Boseman is most likely supporting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

especially since Hopkins has one already.

That doesn’t hurt Hopkins so much when his win was 20+ years ago and Kaluuya isn’t exactly overdue in nominations.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

The Silence of The Lambs is and will always be the performance of his career. Let’s stick to reality with predictions.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Not career defining performance pls… Also can we stop pretending this will be outsell than SotL.

He did get reviews that were saying it was a “career defining performance” for him. I find that hard to believe since SOTL is hard to top, so I’ll have to see it for myself.

That doesn’t hurt Hopkins so much when his win was 20+ years ago and Kaluuya isn’t exactly overdue in nominations.

I know that, but I feel like since he already has one, he’s not exactly “overdue”. If he announced that this was his last role, then I can see a narrative pushed for him to get a second oscar before he retires, but apparently it’s not. Kaluuya v. Hopkins matchup of the year!

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I think he could suffer from slap the stud syndrome. Not saying he won’t win but when Anthony Hopkins is apparently delivering his career defining performance in a film that’s guaranteed for another acting nod and at the moment seems like top 6 in Best Picture…

I didn’t even think about that but yes, it’s true

Funny how AMPAS is so quick to support young hot women but not men

This said, slap the stud didn’t stop Brad Pitt last year when he literally swept because his character was hot

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Hopkins already has his next project lined up and it’s the definition of Oscar bait. He’s not playing, he wants #2.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not career defining performance pls… Also can we stop pretending this will outsell SotL.

It’s not pretending when people who have seen The Father have stated that it’s his career defining performance. I find it quite premature that you are dismissive of a performance that you haven’t even seen.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And Ofc you do believe that pls come only … remember Charlize Theron last year? when critics made us believe she gave the performance of her lifetime.

So everyone is wrong and you’re the only person who’s right?

Maybe you should run for president lol.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No one is dismissing his performance, the way you actually believe this will be better than SotL like chile…

I didn’t say I believe his performance will be better than Silence of the Lambs. I’m just not ruling out the possibility.

Honestly I find it so surprising that your so intent on coming back to this forum to harass people after having been banned several times by moderators.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

And Ofc you do believe that pls come on … remember Charlize Theron last year? when critics made us believe she gave the performance of her lifetime.

Lmaoooo I’m not saying I believe them. I’m just noting that I saw a couple of them mention that.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actor’ is closed to new replies.