Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 457 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
brenolimsta_1
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

You can count on it. Seven and I will organize the party of the century.

I love the first clip

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sure Julia’s fine; she just beat Meryl Streep, Laura Dern and Helena Bonham Carter, among others, at the Emmys. And she might win her third one next year. Her Oscar moment will come.

Yes I forgot about Inventing Anna lol.

But that wasn’t exactly my point. I feel like there needs to be an overhaul of the nominations voting system. Maybe a bit like the one BAFTA did. Every year we see the same type of mediocrity from big A listers get in over actually deserving performances (see Cynthia over Lupita and Awkwafina, all of Vice‘s acting nominations especially Adams over Debicki/Foy). I feel like a jury should vote for the nominees and the voting population should vote for the winners

On a qualitative note Julia is excellent in The Assistant. What I like about her is she is quite a versatile performer. She elevates everything she’s in and sometimes she’s unrecognisable because she BECOMES her characters.

She’s rumored for the part. But considering Madonna herself is directing and co-writing, I do t have much faith in it as a contender.

This disaster still stings.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

If Viola wins, you and Seven are going to throw a big party for Goldderby users. Cheers

Make that 3! I’m supply all the alcohol! It will be the party of the century!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Keep in mind that Viola loves vodka!

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

She’s rumored for the part. But considering Madonna herself is directing and co-writing, I don’t have much faith in it as a contender.

Madonna is arguably the most controversial and provocative pop star of all time and a biopic of hers will be one to watch. She should better leave the directing seat for a trusted hand so we can see the actress shine. She’s an interesting character

FYC:

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

You’ll get us tickets to the venue

FYC:

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Keep in mind that Viola loves vodka!

It seems I would get along with Viola perfetly.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

A fact to say: Carrie Coon should be recognized for “The Nest”

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

You’ll get us tickets to the venue

You can count on it!

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

“As fantastic as every cast member is — and there isn’t a dud in the bunch — it’s still Streep’s show. Donning an elegant red wig and a dizzying array of brightly colored pantsuits and fur capes, Streep dips into her throaty lower register to deliver a bevy of bangers” – Indiewire (the prom review)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

People will never learn that initial reactions only present half of the picture. Streep can absolutely make the cut.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Topics:

In a performance that’s part Patti LuPone, part Judy Garland, and maybe even a dash of the actress herself, Streep absolutely shines in her most endearing role in years. It’s a deliciously grandiose turn that could easily fall into farce, but Streep handles it effortlessly. As the shallow, vein fading Broadway starlet, Streep shows her deft knack for comic timing, chewing the scenery whenever she can and bringing down the house with her show-stopping, belter of a number, “The Lady’s Improving.” As always, Streep is simply transcendent as another character she was born to play, and she could be looking at adding yet another Oscar nomination to her already-enormous total.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

Can I be hallucinating? Yes!
    But it is possible that Frances is snubbed from Oscar the way Amy was in Arrival right?
    It is a vague thought, there is the question of the genre of the film but that did not prevent it from arrival get in BP.

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

Not some people here still thinking Meryl can happen for that campy musical.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Can I be hallucinating? Yes! But it is possible that Frances is snubbed from Oscar the way Amy was in Arrival right? It is a vague thought, there is the question of the genre of the film but that did not prevent it from arrival get in BP.

Frances should be fine. Unlike Arrival, her film is in the running to win, and while Adams has more nominations, McDormand’s two wins show her to be a bigger Oscar favorite.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.