Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 457 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
brenolimsta_1
  • Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

The Viola clip is fine but something is off about it. Maybe it’s the bad ADR? The movement of her lips doesn’t really fit at times.

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I just found out today that Ma Rainey isn’t the first film Queen Viola and King Chadwick starred in together. They were also both in Get On Up.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Jesus, some of you suck all the air out of these forums. So combative!

Profile picture
    VINCE
    Topics:

I agree, if Meryl gets rave for Let Them All Talk, they’ll move her in supporting for the Prom.

Kirby
    Mulligan
    Davis
    Streep ( Let Them All Talk )
    Mcdormand

Winslet
    Loren
    Day
    Adams
    Anya Taylor Joy

MARIAH CAREY

Profile picture
    Bernadette
    Topics:

The Viola clip was great but it plays better in context of the full movie. Also this isn’t even her best scene.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

It’s funny how a 40-second video has people so pressed. And btw, everyone else on the internet is eating this up — with a spoon. People love it.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Yes you do.

No I don’t. I don’t want Meryl in because she’s gotten enough recognition already. I want to see fresh faces. I want her to get the Helen Mirren treatment by hitting some precursors and still miss that Oscar nomination. But I won’t underestimate her because she’s Meryl Streep and they can nominate her for anything

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

It’s funny how a 40-second video has people so pressed. And btw, everyone else on the internet is eating this up — with a spoon. People love it.

It’s really, really weird

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

– With regards to Winslet what will be interesting is the BIFA nominations coming out in 4 days. It will be an interesting sign with regards to how strong her and Ammonite are because whilst BIFA don’t decide who gets nominated at the Oscars they are a good bellwether at BAFTA so if she gets snubbed things might not look great for her awards wise. She’s still locked at the Globes though.

– Are people seriously thinking a 40 second video is going to affect who wins the Oscar. I mean seriously? It’s just a 40 second clip. IMO (and you can disagree with me if you want to) Viola looks excellent in that clip (and the Ma Rainey trailer) and if she’s as good as she is in both of those then I lowkey might defect to Team Davis lol.

– With regards to Mulligan I just have this really weird feeling that she’s in. In any other year or with more competition I’d think she’d be “the person who hits all the precursors and misses Oscar” but the Globe seems like it might be a walk in the park for her and she has a chance at both BAFTA and Critics Choice. The real reason I feel confident in her at least getting in is the fact that almost every year we see a performer have a “comeback nomination/win” or a “follow up nod after time away”. We saw this with Theron (and Zellweger) last year, Close the year before then McDormand, Ronan, Witherspoon, Dench, Watts etc. Whilst an argument could be made that Winslet is in this camp too (and I’m not ruling her out) I feel more confident in Mulligan getting in than Winslet.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Are people seriously thinking a 40 second video is going to affect who wins the Oscar. I mean seriously? It’s just a 40 second clip. IMO (and you can disagree with me if you want to) Viola looks excellent in that clip (and the Ma Rainey trailer) and if she’s as good as she is in both of those then I lowkey might defect to Team Davis lol.

It seems like they do. But good to know you think she looked excellent considering you liked comments in which people were saying she was overacting or hamming it up 😉

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It seems like they do. But good to know you think she looked excellent considering you liked all comments in which people were saying she was overacting or hamming it up 😉

I did? Well let me unlike them because I must have made a mistake 🙂

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Lol, please don’t just unlike sth. because I mentioned it! It’s fine.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol, please don’t just unlike sth. because I mentioned it! It’s fine.

Well I mean I accidentally liked something I strenuously disagree with so I kind of have to in order to keep my own personal integrity lol.

Anyway I’m so excited for Ma Rainey. Can it like come out already? With that and Pieces of a Woman and Mank it really looks like Netflix is saving their best for last.

Profile picture
    Mason
    Topics:

This looks EPIC. I’m dying too see it!

Me too.  Masterful acting from queen Carey.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If you are a fan of Mulligan’s as a performer then you are going to love her in this film. I honestly didn’t think anything was going to beat her work in Wildlife but she did it again! She’s probably going to be in my top 3 at the GD awards regardless.

I loved the film but it won’t be for everyone. However if you loved either I, Tonya or Killing Eve then you’ll probably love this (except it’s darker, funny but less light hearted and more R/15 than both).

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.