Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 457 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
brenolimsta_1
  • Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

This thread is about to hit 500 post again! 😳

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I think if Meryl Streep gets nominated at Critics Choice for LTAT then she’ll have an easier path to an Oscar nom. If she just gets two nominations at Golden Globes, then both performances will essentially be on even footing.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

So is the Small Axe series competing in film or TV? Letitia Wright, and Malachi Kirby, Shaun Parkes gave the most incredible performances in Mangrove. McQueen deserves all the awards for this one.

I’d have thought it’ll submit to Emmys considering it’s in episodes?

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

hbo just announced jatbm is coming so let’s hope HBO puts all there Campaigning towards Daniel since he actually deserves a nom

why are you so pressed with the possibility of Meryl being nominated? have you actually watched her movies?

if she is worthy, I see no problem with her being nominated

Profile picture
    Miss
    Topics:

I know she’s not happening in a million years, but can we appreciate this Amy interview from Netflix Queue. Ugh I want her to have her moment one of these years..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

LTAT has worse reviews than Logan Lucky. It aint happening.

Says the person who thinks the reviews for Hillbilly Elegy don’t matter for its Oscar chances because they’re “SJW bs”.

Ironic huh.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

So I’ve seen LTAT, and here’s what I think: These threads will probably like Meryl’s performance in this one more — she is indeed much more understated — but there won’t be a vote-split at the Globes because The Prom is much more in the HFPA’s wheelhouse (though I haven’t seen that one). What happens at the Oscars? No idea. As of now, I am not predicting her to get nominated for either one.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well, I don’t think anyone is upsetting Mulligan at the Globes. It reminds me of when people started predicting Emily Blunt because her movie was supposedly more Globes-ish, when Olivia Colman was right there with her tour-de-force work. If Mulligan is indeed that good and has an actual shot at an Oscar nom, then there’s no reason to believe that she’ll lose this.

The only other thing I could see happening is Jo Ellen Pellman getting in for The Prom and Meryl for LTAT, but that would be weird.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well, I don’t think anyone is upsetting Mulligan at the Globes. It reminds me of when people started predicting Emily Blunt because her movie was supposedly more Globes-ish, when Olivia Colman was right there with her tour-de-force work. If Mulligan is indeed that good and has an actual shot at an Oscar nom, then there’s no reason to believe that she’ll lose this.

Yep.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I have a feeling Mulligan is going to do EXTREMELY well with critics. Even better than Pike. From what I’ve seen online (film twitter and critics), she seems to have a lot of passion. With that said, she still needs to a hit a good amount of precursors to secure, at least, an Oscar nomination.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a feeling Mulligan is going to do EXTREMELY well with critics. Even better than Pike. From what I’ve seen online (film twitter and critics), she seems to have a lot of passion. With said, she still needs to a hit a good amount of precursors to secure, at least, an Oscar nomination.

And I think she will hit a lot of precursors.

She is a nomination lock at the Globes (where she’s 95% likely to win) and at Critics Choice. She’s probably in at BAFTA and Promising Young Woman to me is a film (despite at a certain point being divisive) is one SAG will LOVE.

She’s also more win competitive than people like to admit. This is an arguably overdue actress with her Oscar comeback performance in a timely film that is being released at the right time and is the big push from a major studio. I’d say the Oscar is between her and whichever of Davis or Kirby wins the Globe (if Davis loses she’s dead and if Kirby loses she’s dead).

We talk about Kirby, Davis and McDormand’s critics support but I wonder if Mulligan might just sweep.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have a feeling Mulligan is going to do EXTREMELY well with critics. Even better than Pike. From what I’ve seen online (film twitter and critics), she seems to have a lot of passion. With said, she still needs to a hit a good amount of precursors to secure, at least, an Oscar nomination.

Yeah, Mulligan is going to run those critics awards. I have no doubt. I initially thought it was going to be Kirby, but I am not sensing that at all anymore.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mentioned this before with Mulligan but she has two other films this year too. That can only help her.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

But honestly, who doesn’t have multiple projects? Visibility is always great, but when so many actors are juggling multiple projects in a year, it stops becoming a big factor — IMO.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

AACTA – Kirby
    BAFTA – Mulligan
    BIFA – Winslet
    Boston – Davis
    CC – Mulligan
    Chicago – Mulligan
    Dallas Fort-Worth – Mulligan
    Globe (Drama) – Kirby
    Globe (Comedy) – Mulligan
    Gotham – McDormand
    London – Mulligan
    Los Angeles – Mulligan
    NBR – Mulligan
    New York – Coon
    NSFC – Coon
    SAG – Davis
    San Francisco – Kirby
    Spirit – Mulligan
    Vancouver – Kirby
    Washington – Kirby

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.