Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 457 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
brenolimsta_1
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Ammonite is so bad lol. But I still think Winslet can happen although I’m leaning more towards Mulligan for the fifth spot.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But honestly, who doesn’t have multiple projects? Visibility is always great, but when so many actors are juggling multiple projects in a year, it stops becoming a big factor — IMO.

Well the thing that helps Mulligan is that the other projects of hers (whilst they’re non factors when it comes to nominations) really show how versatile she is as a performer which can only help her (i.e. playing an anti-hero and a woman whose field is excavated by Archaeologists are two very different characters).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Ammonite is so bad lol. But I still think Winslet can happen although I’m leaning more towards Mulligan for the fifth spot.

I forgot about Winslet. Shocked to see people still predicting her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

To be honest at best Winslet is getting that 5th slot but if Zendaya gets raves then she’s out completely imo. I have a weird feeling about Streep missing this year.

Like I said if Promising Young Woman gets into Picture at the Oscars and gets into the top 5 at BAFTA and Mulligan wins the BAFTA then I’d say she’s walking away with the Oscar. Yes they sometimes go for stereotypical Oscar bait like Renee Zellweger playing Judy Garland but sometimes they go for edgier performances and I think this could be Mulligan’s year.

It’s funny because I thought in awards trajectory that Mulligan could be this year’s Huppert but actually Kirby could very well be this year’s Huppert in awards trajectory.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

AACTA – Kirby

With the Coalition government being mired in the scandal of ministers having coercive affairs with their junior staffers and the depressingly high rates of domestic violence in Australia, I think Mulligan has an advantage at AACTA in that her film’s subject matter will be really resonant with the Australian voting body, more so than Kirby’s (the country is one of the least afflicted nations from the pandemic, so grief for family loss and mortality aren’t as resonant for Aussies this year as they might be for Americans and Brits).

Of course, Queen Cate’s endorsement never hurts in Australia.

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

For so long people on this forum have been saying Davis fans are overestimating her while severely underestimating her and look she just received her first major award of the season

https://www.deadline.com/2020/12/gotham-awards-chadwick-boseman-viola-davis-acting-tribute-1234636995/amp/

along with articles coming out today suggesting she’ll win again.

http://www.wmagazine.com/story/viola-davis-ma-raineys-black-bottom-clip/amp/

Love to see it.

FYC Best Actress 2021: Viola Davis!!!

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

She didn’t win anything.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

People are lying to themselves if they don’t think Viola has both tremendous buzz and momentum — just check out the 500 celebs that commented under her Ma Rainey’s clip that she posted on IG — but yeah, that’s a tribute, not a win.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What is interesting about Davis, Kirby, McDormand and Mulligan is that each of them give a timely performance. I think they’re our top 4 (in whatever order you may have them) atm.

People are lying to themselves if they don’t think Viola has both tremendous buzz and momentum — just check out the 500 celebs that commented under her Ma Rainey’s clip that she posted on IG —

Not going to say Viola Davis doesn’t have buzz or momentum (that would be silly) but out of the 15 who posted only two of them are actually members of the Academy and only like 7 are actors.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You went through all 4,8k comments and checked which ones belonged to academy members?

Mahershala Ali, Reese Witherspoon, Mariah Carey, Naomi Campbell, Gabby Sidibe, Debra Messing, Ellen Pompeo and the list goes on — all these people left glowing comments. But they don’t matter. I was just pointing out that she’s definitely got momentum.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You went through all 4,8k comments and

Well I mean considering how you said 500 people posted under it I am assuming you did the same 😉

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yup of course😂 That’s all I do, all day.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Is Mulligan confirmed to be campaigned Comedy/Musical at the globes? I’m starting to hear from people who’ve watched it say that it’s most likely going to be campaigned as a drama instead.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Is Mulligan confirmed to be campaigned Comedy/Musical at the globes? I’m starting to hear from people who’ve watched it say that it’s most likely going to be campaigned as a drama instead.

I doubt that’s going to happen. They aren’t stupid.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mulligan is staying in Comedy/Musical. Focus Features are a strategic distributor and the film (whilst it deals with a difficult subject matter) is still a dramedy. If 20th Century Women, American HustleJoyLady Bird and The Martian are allowed to compete there then I’m sure this one will be fine there too.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.