Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 459 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Not me thinking it was the actual Streisand who tweeted that 💀

💀

please never change

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    digitalwaala
    Topics:

Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B – Information about  Proxima Centauri .

Profile picture
    StasBrd
    Topics:

Those are two very different comparisons lmao.

As an another delirious delusion that she is somehow closer than thousands miles away to be nominated it’s a very valid comparison. Passion over reasoning. Check for another rage “snub” and “backlash” posts after nominations announced.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Viola did a 60 Minutes interview, in which they show some performing scenes from Ma Rainey’s. I am SO excited to see that aspect of her performance, because it was IMO a highlight if the trailer and is often something that is easily overlooked or even disregarded when evaluating/judging a performance.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B – Information about Proxima Centauri .

As an another delirious delusion that she is somehow closer than thousands miles away to be nominated it’s a very valid comparison. Passion over reasoning. Check for another rage “snub” and “backlash” posts after nominations announced.

I’m not sure which one of these was written by a bot…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

It’s very sad that this performance isn’t going to receive all the accolades it deserves: all of them.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s very sad that this performance isn’t going to receive all the accolades it deserves: all of them.

And this one 🙁 …

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

And this one 🙁

Blank definitely deserves to be in the conversation too, and not just for acting.

But I am so blown away by Plaza. She is so, so multifaceted in this performance alone. Full of surprises, deep deep honesty, great precision in more technical moments… What a fantastic role in a fantastic film. Black Bear is one for the books. Christopher Abbott and Sarah Gadon were incredible, too.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Meryl didn’t just face internal competition from Pugh. Scanlen, Watson, and Dern also had way larger roles with far better performances. Hell, even Jane Houdyshell had more to do. Streep was never getting anywhere close to that nod no matter when it came out.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Along with Blank and Plaza (who I haven’t seen yet but I’m sure is excellent), it’s a shame these performances too probably won’t be nominated even though they are incredibly deserving of being at least in the conversation:

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMKgXQvzALE

Let’s make her happen, babes

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Aubrey Plaza’s performance in Ingrid Goes West was one of the best performances of 2017. Everyone should check it out on Hulu if they haven’t seen it. And yes, she is great in Black Bear. Who knew that April from Parks and Rec would become a modern indie movie queen?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Will Elisabeth Moss ever get an Oscar nomination lol? I haven’t seen Her Smell but she’s literally one of the greatest actors working today and has been pretty much excellent in everything I’ve seen her in (The Handmaid’s Tale, The Invisible Man, Mad Men, Top of the Lake, Shirley, she was even better than Jolie in Girl Interrupted).

I mean when I posted those two gifs I immediately remembered how different her performances were in both Shirley and The Invisible Man. I guess theoretically she could get nominated for Shirley if she goes supporting but it’s kind of a disgrace how for acting she only has two Golden Globes and one Emmy in terms of wins.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Will Elisabeth Moss ever get an Oscar nomination lol? I haven’t seen Her Smell but she’s literally one of the greatest actors working today and has been pretty much excellent in everything I’ve seen her in (The Handmaid’s Tale, The Invisible Man, Mad Men, Top of the Lake, Shirley, she was even better than Jolie in Girl Interrupted). I mean when I posted those two gifs I immediately remembered how different her performances were in both Shirley and The Invisible Man. I guess theoretically she could get nominated for Shirley if she goes supporting but it’s kind of a disgrace how for acting she only has two Golden Globes and one Emmy.

How can she have 12 Emmy noms and 15 SAG noms but not a single Oscar nom? I —

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

How can she have 12 Emmy noms and 15 SAG noms but not a single Oscar nom? I —

And like I said it’s not like she hasn’t had a film career:

– Girl Interrupted
    – Her Smell
    – The Invisible Man
    – The Old Man and the Gun
    – The Seagull (which despite it being a bit of a meh film she was absolutely phenomenal in it!)
    – Shirley
    – The Square
    – Us

I have been bingeing The West Wing recently and the fact that she was so talented a performer from that young an age!

When will the AMPAS give this woman what she deserves?! Also how on earth can she have 15 SAG noms but not a single win? The thing that’s so interesting about her is even when something she’s in isn’t that great she is excellent in it (see Top of the Lake : China Girl or The Seagull or Girl Interrupted).

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 459 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.