Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 466 through 474 (of 474 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Ashton_Reeves
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Point is the majority seems to stan Carey Mulligan so ofc they’ll like every comments whenever someone pops up and say they want her to win or stuff like that. Also, I did not know we were supposed to predict what we like and relate to…

I mean, people are allowed to predict whatever they won’t. Predicting PYW is not delusional. Obviously it won’t win BP but it’s definitely a strong contender for a nomination. It’s doing extremely well with critics, Focus is campaigning the hell out of it and we know people from the Industry are responding extremely well to it.

If you don’t think the movie is going to do well, because of its genre and themes, it’s okay. It’s you’re right. But I don’t think is necessary to bring down people who think it can perform well.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

regarding to PYW BP chances, it’s definitely not winning BP in a million years. If Get Out, Three Billboards and Joker didn’t win, PYW definitely won’t. But it definitely has huge chances of a nomination.

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

PYW will not win Picture but it could win Actress and Screenplay.

How strong of a contender is Emerald Fennell for Director would you say? Is there a possibility she could end up barely missing a la Taika Waititi?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

How strong of a contender is Emerald Fennell for Director would you say? Is there a possibility she could end up barely missing a la Taika Waititi?

She’s definitely getting in at the BAFTAs and possibly CC. I also would say she’s the frontrunner for the DGA First-Time Feature Film. Her chances rely on how well the Directors branch receive the movie.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

The irony of it all is that some people are getting repeatedly dragged by saying they’d *like* to see Mulligan win when they are still predicting Davis (the agreed upon front runner) to win?

So what’s the issue?

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I can’t believe we still have a whole month before the Globes nominations. This season already feels so exhausting. This thread will reach part 50 by April.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

I can’t believe we still have a whole month before the Globes nominations. This season already feels so exhausting. This thread will reach part 50 by April.

So true. I just realized the globe nominations and the SAG nominations are back to back

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

The beginning of the year without the Globes = People pissed off, myself included

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 466 through 474 (of 474 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.