Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
The Person Fo..
  • Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I guess it’s appropriate with Arrival’s nonlinear timeline that Amy Adams will win her Oscar for that this year.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Live footage of Amy Adams jumping the Goldderby odds after falling down to 5th place. Currently has gotten up to third place in the space of a few hours!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Her power is unparalleled.

Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

Everytime Amy has a movie everyone says the same tji g this is her year shes winning the oscar….have we not learned yet from all thos previous times we were proven wrong. I honestly can see her not even be nominated considering the strength of the Best Actress contenders

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know why (and as Luca said practically every prediction for the Best Actress race right now is a premature one) but regardless of who wins I feel like a line up of Adams, Davis, Kirby and McDormand seems almost inevitable. It’s just a weird feeling I have (at least until the Globes and guilds).

The real question (unless there is a surprise waiting at the Globes, SAG or BAFTA) is which of Brosnahan, Day, Hudson, Loren, Mulligan, Pfeiffer and Winslet are getting that 5th slot.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

BAFTA having a surprise nominee will be almost meaningless considering their system now.

Also neither Adams, nor Kirby are anywhere close to being safe of ‘inevitable’.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Everytime Amy has a movie everyone says the same tji g this is her year shes winning the oscar….have we not learned yet from all thos previous times we were proven wrong. I honestly can see her not even be nominated considering the strength of the Best Actress contenders

Did people think Amy was winning for Vice? I mean it’s not like because she hasn’t won an Oscar yet that she’ll never win one.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

The real question (unless there is a surprise waiting at the Globes, SAG or BAFTA) is which of Brosnahan, Day, Hudson, Loren, Mulligan, Pfeiffer and Winslet are getting that 5th slot.

After watching the trailer yesterday, I don’t think Brosnahan will be a real contender this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

BAFTA having a surprise nominee will be almost meaningless considering their system now. Also neither Adams, nor Kirby are anywhere close to being safe of ‘inevitable’.

Like I said I personally feel that they are. You can feel free to disagree with me as after all this is a predictions forum.

But just saying you disagreed with me about Mulligan and now you have her in your predictions…

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Did people think Amy was winning for Vice? I mean it’s not like because she hasn’t won an Oscar yet that she’ll never win one.

Well a lot of people did think she could win until they actually saw the movie and realized she was given very little to do. And I do believe she’ll win at some point.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I mean people who have seen the film say she has an “Oscars scene”.

I mean idk she just seems like a longshot possibility especially considering the comp around her. I’m rooting for Kirby to get in, but idk it just seems like the snub is a bit more likely imo. Especially if Loren ends up being terrific and the Academy ends up letting Winslet or Adams in.

Best Actress predictions (Updated):
    1. Viola Davis
    2. Frances McDormand
    3. Amy Adams
    4. Sophia Loren
    5. Andra Day

6. Carey Mulligan
    7. Kate Winslet
    8. Vanessa Kirby
    9. Michelle Pfieffer
    10. Jennifer Hudson

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I definitely feel more comfortable in keeping Adams in my predictions now that I’ve seen the trailer, but I honestly think Glenns showier performance will probably upstage her and leave little room for her to shine. Obviously she too has the overdue narrative but I think, for now at least, that this award has to be Violas to lose.

FYC:

Best Actress: Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    Best Supporting Actress: Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

After watching the trailer yesterday, I don’t think Brosnahan will be a real contender this year.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that that trailer looked awful.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just don’t see Day, Loren and Winslet getting in. Speaking of Eddie Murphy I get reminded about him when we think of Loren.

I don’t see how the Academy votes for two people playing singers let along three so I don’t see Day and Hudson getting in.

I’d say McDormand and Davis are in danger of losing right now. Unless your wins are both in Supporting the Academy tends to rarely award people a second win in Lead  (let alone a third) this soon. It will be a bad look giving them another Oscar over a lineup that seems likely to be filled with either people who haven’t won in years, people on their first nom or people who are overdue.

This race is more exciting than the Picture one lol.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I just don’t see Day, Loren and Winslet getting in. Speaking of Eddie Murphy I get reminded about him when we think of Loren.

If Day’s film is a bp contender then her chances of getting in are more likely than Kirby’s chances. The Loren and Murphy comparison is way off. Loren is obviously an acting legend from the Golden age while Eddie is a comedic legend. I mean I was never on the train of Eddie getting his second nom last year even though I thought his performance was better than most. Loren is playing an extremely baity role and it’s her first role in nearly a decade. Ofc she can end up missing, but I like her chances as of right now. I’m praying that Kirby ends up getting in, but all of those people that I included ahead of her have a more likely chance of getting in imo.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.