Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
The Person Fo..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not counting Pfeffer out yet since even the bad reviews for French Exit singled her out. And I’m still not sure the HFPA will go for Promising Young Woman. It seems like the exact opposite of what they vote for.

As someone who has seen Promising Young Woman it’s accessibility shouldn’t be a problem for the HFPA. In fact the fact it’s written and directed by the person who was the head writer on the second season of Killing Eve (which the HFPA love)  and stars Carry Mulligan is baity enough for it.

The only question really is if it’s accessible enough for Academy voters. Which is a big maybe as some parts of it are extremely accessible but there is one certain aspect that will put them off. It’s more the theme around something that’s happened in the protaginist’s past that could (and will for some) put off voters because it can be quite triggering.

I will be very surprised if it at the very least missed nominations for Film and Actress at the Globes considering how empty the Comedy field is and how it’s just as (if not more) accessible than Get Out.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

CC doesn’t really have a specific number of slots. If there are 9 posible contenders I can see them nominating all 9. At this point all they care about is to guess all the Oscar nominees correctly.

This is funny but actually true. I’m sure CC voters bled when they held first and missed the Oscar Best actress winner in the Natalie Portman vs Emma Stone year. From the following year on, they’ll keep airing after the Globes just to award whoever wins the Globes that seem more realistic for the Oscars. They’ll rather nominate all the contenders just to predict the Oscars correctly

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Profile picture
    lady_bird
    Topics:

I really want Mulligan to happen. Not necessarily a win but just a nomination. Home girl is overdue for a second nod.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They’ll rather nominate all the contenders just to predict the Oscars correctly

Imagine they nominate everyone in the predictions centre right now with less than 100/1 odds (McDormand, Davis, Adams, Winslet, Kirby, Hudson, Pfeiffer, Day, Mulligan, Loren, Moss) lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    lady_bird
    Topics:

LMAO I used to think CC is actually enjoyable since they tend to nominate someone different (an inspired nom) but it’s just to cover their bases for the oscars nom 💀 They thought Portman was gonna sweep in 2016 and so after that they try to host it later on. I’m glad they gave it to Natalie since she deserved that win anyways. Plus that Close/Gaga tie in 2018 was laughable.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really want Mulligan to happen. Not necessarily a win but just a nomination. Home girl is overdue for a second nod.

Me too. She was PHENOMENAL in that film.

Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.