Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
The Person Fo..
  • Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Omg Amy in that trailer was like « yeah im not a 6 times Academy Award nominee for nothing »

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Amy can enjoy her frontrunner status on wolfali’s predictions until Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’s trailer hits next week (on the 19th iirc)

Hmm idk.

I feel like the Academy is awarding someone their first Oscar this year and not Davis her second or McDormand her third.  Not ruling those two out just yet but it’s just a feeling I have.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

They don’t care about whether it’s the first, second or 20th Oscar. Davis can easily still win this — easily. But if it’s not her, please let it be Amy.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They don’t care about whether it’s the first, second or 20th Oscar. Davis can easily still win this — easily. But if it’s not her, please let it be Amy.

I don’t know. I’m genuinely asking this when was the last time a female actor won their second Oscar in the space of four years with one of those being in Lead? It can happen and I’d love to see it (I may be rooting for Adams and Kirby more but Davis would probably be incredibly deserving of a second in Ma Rainey).

I don’t know whether she can “easily” win this. Especially when we only have pictures and not a trailer of her film (although we don’t have long until we see that).

As we say on the Emmys threads it’s still October. With this extended film season maybe the contender who wins is someone who’s not on our radar (i.e. not Kirby, Davis, McDormand, Adams, Mulligan etc). I mean after all who would have thought in January we’d be talking about Mulligan, Kirby and Day?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

My prediction ranking (as of now):

1. Davis
    2. McDormand
    3. Adams
    4. Pfeiffer
    5. Day

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

4. Pfeiffer

Interesting.

Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

Of course things can still change, but I have a feeling Pfeiffer is going to get nominated despite the divisive reaction to French Exit.

The RT score for her film is solid at the moment (not amazing but not rotten either) and she’s getting praised left and right even though the film is not. Also I think the big “awards comeback” narrative will definitely be in her favor because, I mean, who doesn’t want to see Michelle Pfeiffer getting another Oscar nomination? She could also snatch the Globe if they don’t give to Mulligan.

Davis and McDormand are the only two locks really, with Adams gaining a lot of momentum after the Hillbilly Elegy trailer dropped.
    Day feels like the surprise nominee of the year to me.

I have Mulligan, Kirby, and Hudson next in line.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I have a feeling the Comedy Globe will be as significant as it was last year. This is a drama race.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Amy better win. Period.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Amy Adam’s looks magnificent in the new trailer. The best she’s ever looked.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Amy ain’t playing with y’all. She’s coming for another nomination.

Profile picture
    MP
    Topics:

I hope Amy finally will be nominated. I’m unable to forget her snub for Arrival which is her finest and most complex performance – ironically without Oscar nom… Are there any possible Oscar Best Actress nominee who can disturb the field (Davis, Adams, McDormand, Kirby etc. ) till mid-March?

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Dude I just watched the Hillbilly trailer and it was basically just a two minute Oscar reel for Amy and Glenn. THEY’RE COMING!!!

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

OSCARS ALL AROUND FOR HILLBILLY

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well yes, it never peaked.

Well if her buzz hasn’t peaked then you basically agree with me that it hasn’t died lol.

Saying Kirby’s buzz died because her film hasn’t screened anywhere other than Toronto and Venice yet is like saying McDormand has had her buzz die because her film hasn’t been released yet.

At least wait till the films are out lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.