Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 571 through 582 (of 582 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Ashton_Reeves
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The tea is Carey Mulligan is not wunning in a mullion years.

Is this you confirming that you haven’t actually watched the film? If so, I did not expect such an easy confession.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Guys there is a Promising Young Woman thread. I don’t mean to sound pedantic but I think it’s best to post PYW related stuff on there to avoid spoiling the film for others.

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/promising-young-woman-carey-mulligan-stars-in-emerald-fennell-comedy-thriller/

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Users on this website are strangely obsessed with Zendaya

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Well, duh. I was expecting much bigger after all the hype. That said, I have come to adore that scene more and more as time has passed.

I mean, she spilled in that scene but that was still waaay too easy for an Oscar win (and a full, critics-backed sweep at that 💀)

Nothing but love for Renata tho. Her whole career earned her this

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Users on this website are strangely obsessed with Zendaya

I find it an interesting obsession, although I think on the large part this forum is far less obsessed with her than some other internet circles like Twitter. I watched the first episode of Euphoria when I was high with my friend a year ago and we both decided it was too much at that moment lmao but I very much want to see what the hype is about before M&M is released so I watched it again last night. She’s excellent in the first episode and I can see why she’s very beloved. Her own personal sense of humor seems to shine through the character, which is emblematic of performances we’ve seen from young stars like Stone and Lawrence. I plan on finishing the series before M&M’s release and, while I don’t think she’s particularly transcendent, she is undeniably very talented.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I’m convinced Zendaya will win until the Globes prove otherwise.

Lol. The delusion.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I mean, she spilled in that scene but that was still waaay to easy for an Oscar win (and a full, critics-backed sweep at that 💀) Nothing but love for Renata tho. Her whole career earned her this

Yeah, I still support the win — if just for Renata. That’s how much I adore Renata.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Let’s be honest, the idea of an “Oscar scene” is stupid anyway. I still remember finishing Marriage Story last year and wondering when Laura’s supposed Oscar scene was finally coming…

This. Lmao. Finally we agree on something.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Lol. The delusion.

I mean, I don’t want her to, having not yet seen the performance but I’ll get behind her if she’s great. She’s getting raves, you lil sh*t. Pay attention.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

1. Carey Mulligan
    2. Vanessa Kirby
    3. Viola Davis
    4. Francés McDormand

5. Zendaya vs Day vs Loren for final spot.

The first four are safe in my opinion.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, I personally think Oscar clips don’t make a performance good… in fact if the Oscar scenes include overacting (which most of you love), it’s terrible and unclassy for me. Louder isn’t better, in fact it is worse. Subtlety, accuracy and plausibility are the true parameters to define a good performance. That’s why Pregnant Kirby gave a terrific job this year and Trumpeter and Grillz were theatrical and tried too hard.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    fuurelov5
    Topics:

Darlings, I personally think Oscar clips don’t make a performance good… in fact if the Oscar scenes include overacting (which most of you love), it’s terrible and unclassy for me. Louder isn’t better, in fact it is worse. Subtlety, accuracy and plausibility are the true parameters to define a good performance. That’s why Pregnant Kirby gave a terrific job this year and Trumpeter and Grillz were theatrical and tried too hard.

Leave it to Thatcher to save this mess of a forum and speak sense in all of us
    *ahem Ms. Prime Minister

Viewing 12 posts - 571 through 582 (of 582 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.