Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 22)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 601 through 614 (of 614 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Matthew_anzal..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

^From Netflix’s FYC page.

Thanks.

(Seems a little odd to me– maybe she didn’t want to compete against herself in PYW, or maybe the screenplay shifts the focus from the way it was in the book, or maybe Ralph Fiennes…. )

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

For now, McDormand, Davis, Kirby, Mulligan and Zendaya are in the lead for nominations… followed by Streep and Loren.

Honestly, Andra Day could STILL happen. People are acting very confident that she will fail after a few bad reactions to her film… when at the same time almost every reaction has cited Andra as being good or great in the film, regardless of how they felt about the film’s quality.

Will she be nominated? I don’t know. Is she a frontrunner to win? No.

The actual reviews will be a deal breaker. If they are bad (and they might be), then I would say there goes her chances. If the reviews are more mixed, like Harriet… then I say watch out.

The role that she is playing is huge and the timing of this film is perfect. If audiences get behind it, you never know.

Profile picture
    Tooner
    Topics:

Wait gd has a discord server???

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

both not winning

Carey is NOT winning.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Nicole Beharie takes Gotham 💚💛💙

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gotham Award for Best Actress: Nicole Beharie, Miss Juneteenth

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Before people use the Gothams to fit whatever narrative they want to perpetuate, just remember that Bel Powley beat Brie Larson in 2015. Many grains of salt are needed.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Gotham Award for Best Actress: Nicole Beharie, Miss Juneteenth

Love for her to take the 5th slot

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Haha yes. I was just posting the winners just for fun. This in no way affects the Oscars race (only one of the contenders were nominated).

Interesting nonetheless that Ahmed won too.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Oh yes thank you for posting who won! Just knowing this forum, I wanted to say something because the overreactions started haha

Profile picture
    fuurelov5
    Topics:

Haha yes. I was just posting the winners just for fun. This in no way affects the Oscars race (only one of the contenders were nominated). Interesting nonetheless that Ahmed won.

*two 😉 (in a different category)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Again, Vanessa is NO Margot, Saoirse, J.Law, or even Florence.

Did anyone say she is on the level of fame of Margot Robbie, Saoirse Ronan or J. Law before their recent nominations?

Although she definitely is more well known than Florence Pugh was before Midsommar and Little Women.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Haha yes. I was just posting the winners just for fun. This in no way affects the Oscars race (only one of the contenders were nominated). Interesting nonetheless that Ahmed won too.

It will help Ahmed since he’s already on the verge of a nomination but Beharie is not happening.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Viola reminding the audience tonight that she’s strong. This campaign will require all creativity from these women’s teams because competition is fierce.
    The part that I don’t like is to feel like Carey, Vanessa or Viola (whenever they are talking with the mic and the white wall background) are part of classes in Zoom because I’m that traumatized with never ending virtuality lol

Viewing 14 posts - 601 through 614 (of 614 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.