Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 523 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Ashton_Reeves
SN
  • Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

My ranking is 1. Kirby 2. Mulligan 3. McDormand 4. Zendaya 5. Loren 6. Behari 7. Davis 8. Adams

LMAO nobody has Viola as their #1 pick. So then what do they want her to win for????? It reminds me of one of the recent threads where three people posted their personal lineups and none of them had Viola in their top 5…but all three of them were saying that Viola should win. Gimme a break!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Viola haters coming out of hiding again. The fact that people get excited when people don’t have her at #1, loll.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

I’d also like to point out that some people struggle with spelling, punctuation, grammar and it can’t be helped. I don’t know that to be the case for anybody here, but to call people out on it – I think – is inappropriate. The posts still make sense, you’re just being petty. But hey, that’s not unusual to see around here.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

LMAO nobody has Viola as their #1 pick. So then what do they want her to win for????? It reminds me of one of the recent threads where three people posted their personal lineups and none of them had Viola in their top 5…but all three of them were saying that Viola should win. Gimme a break!

Personal taste has nothing to do with predictions. Specially when most of our taste isn’t the same as the Academy. I didn’t like her performance that much and I have her winning. She’s loved by peers, Industry and she’s basically the only one in the race with some sort of narrative. And I don’t remember seeing anyone, who has her outside of their top5, saying she should win.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

There’s this continuous thing on this website where people make a fuss about Ash’s grammar specifically and it’s always in poor taste to me. I can understand him well enough. It’s one thing to politely correct someone and it’s another to be viciously rude about something as minuscule as making grammatical errors. Like, is it really that serious? Let’s focus on predicting, please.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Aww thanks you all are so sweet and nice for  taking up for me but thank you.

But nobody worried  or pressed about they ass literally i was the only person to get a passing grade on my english essay in my junior year for this college course we had the ONLY person in the whole school to pass im lazy but this gold derby not harvard. That person can really suck a d*ck cause im smart in real life i don’t need no grammar coach lol.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Nothing about Miss Juneteenth deserves an Academy award nomination

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

The solution for me was to ignore him after the trash comments about the sex scenes. You guys are so patient.

Anyway, it’s January 14 and Viola is the front runner. Is hers the most impressive performance? Has that ever mattered for the Oscars? Is your favorite always going to match the winner of the category? Come on, this is not our first time. We all know it is a combination of factors. One thing is for sure. They’re not giving the Oscar this year to someone they don’t really-REALLY love. And they LOVE her. Kinda case closed unless someone upsets at the Globes and there’s some need to reevaluate.

At this point they’re going with both leads winning for Ma Rainey.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

Let’s for a minute assume that all the Oscar’s  cared about was quality and excellence in perfomances and movies, that the members watched all the  movies in contention, that it didn’t matter whether the movie was oscar friendly or not, whether one was white or black, no amount of campaigning mattered, all that mattered was whether the movie or performance was good,  who would be the current frontrunners in this category

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Let’s for a minute assume that all the Oscar’s cared about was quality and excellence in perfomances and movies, that the members watched all the movies in contention, that it didn’t matter whether the movie was oscar friendly or not, whether one was white or black, no amount of campaigning mattered, all that mattered was whether the movie or performance was good, who would be the current frontrunners in this category

You know they’re* even too lazy to read the paragraph you wrote lol. I like the mental exercise, though

*The Academy. I’m not attacking the girls over here

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’d also like to point out, as someone who posts frequently on mobile and suffers a lot from stupid autocorrecting or fat-fingering, that it’s very easy to make and miss typos on mobile, even if you’re good at English and Grammer like I am (I got a perfect score on the English section of the ACT). So let’s just be kind and not mean to people for stupid shit that doesn’t even matter anyway.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am surprised no one has posted it — here is the trailer for “I Care a Lot”:

https://youtu.be/D40uHmTSPew

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Not Nomadland releasing on Hulu

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am surprised no one has posted it — here is the trailer for “I Care a Lot”: https://youtu.be/D40uHmTSPew

The link isn’t working?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The link isn’t working?

Really? It works for me! How about everyone else?

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 523 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.