Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 504 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

What if we wake up on Oscar nomination day and Amy Adams Andra Day and Sophia Loren are all in Best Actress.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Loren already has 2 Oscars, the Acadamy doesn’t owe her nothing.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

What if we wake up on Oscar nomination day and Amy Adams Andra Day and Sophia Loren are all in Best Actress.

Oh my gosh…I would faint

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<i>Promising Young Woman </i>obviously was submitted for SAG consideration. It’s Focus Features’ no.1 priority! This isn’t Netflix with their gazillion films, misspelling of lead performer’s names and including abusive scandalous people on screeners for films they have been withdrawn for consideration for.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Yah peices of a woman is one of my faves of the year.

I love all the performances.

I hope it gets alot of awards love. And idc, i want shia nominated too. And ellen and the midwife (cant remember her name).

Kirby is my top in actress personally. But dont think she will win.

8.5/10

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Come thru mother Loren!!!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

And idc, i want shia nominated too

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Some have mentioned how Mulligan can’t win “because of men” but isn’t it possible that some men in Hollywood (and some women) may feel more inclined to award her so it feels like they’re giving themselves a pat on the back in recognising the systemic rape culture in Hollywood?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I said wut i said. He had a raw emotion driven performance.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

I said wut i said. He had a raw emotion driven performance.

what, he’s making himself an apparently stinky predator

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

what, he’s making himself an apparently stinky predator

His performance is a great supporting performance. Him and kirby work amazing off each other

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Some have mentioned how Mulligan can’t win “because of men” but isn’t it possible that some men in Hollywood (and some women) may feel more inclined to award her so it feels like they’re giving themselves a pat on the back in recognising the systemic rape culture in Hollywood?

Also, let’s not forget that Promising Young Woman is a star making iconic performance and the one that stands out the most this year, whereas all the others have given better performances and no one will remember them next year.

Profile picture
    treacherous
    Topics:

The same argument could’ve been made for any of the black women nominated in this category and Viola would be winning this year so that Hollywood could “pat” itself on the back for not being racist. And given the social conversation last year they’d be more inclined to do so this year than any other.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Loren will pull a Jonathan Pryce and get in as the fifth spot, instead of the young upstart Zendaya (just like Egerton).

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Fun fact: if Ma Rainey wins both leading categories, it’ll be the same thing that happened to Network: a posthumous win in Actor and a bordeline supporting performance winning Actress (Faye Dunaway had even less screentime than Viola if I’m not mistaken).

I think Faye Dunaway deserved that lead Oscar, her performance was so powerful just like Hopkins in Silence of the lambs

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.