Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 504 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Ashton_Reeves
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Remember that the “best actresses” are also It Girls, according to the standards of some in this thread. So, you have to be 20-25 to be worthy.

That was during Weinstein’s era, when the “it girls” dominated Best Actress.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Ive been watching netflix moves and a couple of us where having arguments about Zendaya being priority over Kirby. while Davis is still number one priority Zendaya has over took kirbys spot she’s number 2.Yes they still have Kirby campaigning Netflix pushes everyone but there push is bigger with Zendaya since there smart enough not to push pieces of a woman besides supporting actress and lead actress not much to push with M&M it is.I said all that to say speaking of snubs i wouldn’t be surprised if netlfix is playing priority games and Kirby is missing a nom but we see davis and Zendaya at the globes sag critic choice etc.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

He didn’t just say iconic, he said star making. And speaking of 35, Glenn Close barely started her film career at that age. Y’all panties is in a bunch.

And your arguments are just ridiculous. Rosamund started her career quite early and her most iconic performance came quite latter on. Star making performances come regardless of an actors age. Also, Carey prefers to star in Indie movies (mostly went under the radar), so it’s not a surprise her most iconic performance came this late.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Ive been watching netflix moves and a couple of us where having arguments about Zendaya being priority over Kirby. while Davis is still number one priority Zendaya has over took kirbys spot she’s number 2.Yes they still have Kirby campaigning Netflix pushes everyone but there push is bigger with Zendaya since there smart enough not to push pieces of a woman besides supporting actress and lead actress not much to push with M&M it is.I said all that to say speaking of snubs i wouldn’t be surprised if netlfix is playing priority games and Kirby is missing a nom but we see davis and Zendaya at the globes sag critic choice etc.

The way you flip flop. One minute Kirby is a lock, next she will miss.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Most Volpi Cup Best Actress winners with a english language performance got nominated for the Oscar:

2002 – Julianne Moore (Far From Heaven)

2004 – Imelda Staunton (Vera Drake)

2006 – Helen Mirren (The Queen)

2007 – Cate Blanchett (I’m Not There)

2016 – Emma Stone (La La Land)

2018 – Olivia Colman (The Favourite)

2020 – Vanessa Kirby (Pieces of A Woman)

Vanessa ain’t missing the nomination.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Mr or Ms marty im not talking about the Oscars im talking about the first noms sag globes critcs choice they been pushing really hard for Zendayas film as a whole. If you don’t flip flop your predictions based on studios campaigning then i think your just don’t know how to predict and should not be on gold derby lol.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I wasn’t talking about the Oscars but since yall cant read lol. The academy voters don’t care about a Volpi cup and who the f+ck is Vannesa Kirby to be shielded from a snub.  if Amy Adams Natalie Portman and even someone who won the comedy globe like Awkwafina can get snubbed she can to.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Wolfali liking that comment yall are so sensitive and crybabyish like that person besides Davis and Frances anybody could be snubbed to be honest.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Monica Lewinsky is a fan of Promising Young Woman.

https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1350164909686833152

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Wolfali liking that comment yall are so sensitive and crybabyish like that person besides Davis and Frances anybody could be snubbed to be honest.

Very true. Especially as later movies get screened for wider audiences. You can really see the desperation from some on this forum.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I still don’t see Kirby missing at the Globes. She is everything the HFPA loves. If anyone misses there, it’ll be Mulligan IMO. My current Golden Globe predictions are:

1. Viola Davis
    2. Frances McDormand
    3. Vanessa Kirby
    4. Zendaya
    5. Sophia Loren

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Y’all know damn well anyone who misses at the Globes is dead and buried for the Oscar win. I think our solid top 4 (Davis, McDormand, Kirby, Mulligan) is safe there

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Most Volpi Cup Best Actress winners with a english language performance got nominated for the Oscar:

2002 – Julianne Moore (Far From Heaven)

2004 – Imelda Staunton (Vera Drake)

2006 – Helen Mirren (The Queen)

2007 – Cate Blanchett (I’m Not There)

2016 – Emma Stone (La La Land)

2018 – Olivia Colman (The Favourite)

2020 – Vanessa Kirby (Pieces of A Woman)

Vanessa ain’t missing the nomination.

That is, not a lot. Most Volvi Cup winners are not nominated. Not saying Kirby isn’t happening but winning this doesn’t make her a certainty.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I still don’t see Kirby missing at the Globes. She is everything the HFPA loves. If anyone misses there, it’ll be Mulligan IMO. My current Golden Globe predictions are:

1. Viola Davis
    2. Frances McDormand
    3. Vanessa Kirby
    4. Zendaya
    5. Sophia Loren

FOUR nominees from Netflix? Not happening.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Who do you think would miss from that lineup? I am open to some good arguments!

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.